ROAD RAGE GRRrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You get tossers everywhere, they do not need a car, but I find it does accentuate them. They are usually easy to spot and best avoided in my books.
When driving the Caterham you get the Corsa crew wanting to race, but mostly good natured stuff, and I find that a lot of drivers will actually wave me past if it is safe to do so, far more often than the ones that try and block you (yep, that happens from time to time) or those that drive right up your arse in a 30 limit... In the Cat I have two choices, slow down and let them pass or boot it and get the hell out of there. I generally let them pass, I can find another road to play on, especially if they have little road craft..
In the van, it is usually the stressed out father wanting to over take or cut in, not a lot you can do about them really, just relax and leave space for them, they are going to try anyway so why make it dangerous. A gentle round of applause and a wave usually gets the point across. Enjoy the drive, you are in a 40-something year old creation, you have worked hard to earn it, you have taste and you appreciate your life, why let anyone spoil it for you ?

Leaving local Tesco onto small roundabout with classic N/S/E/W layout. I'm at west, car approaching from my right. He has two lanes to choose from, left lane for left turn or straight on (12 o'clock position) or right lane for right turn (after 12 o'clock position) as stated in the Highway Code. He approaches in right hand lane with right indicator showing so I stupidly assume he is turning to his right. Imagine the laughter when after pulling on to the (small) roundabout he then turns on his left indicator and heads straight on, heading for my drivers door!!! Much stamping on brakes and me shouting 'what the f@ck are you doing you tw&t???' is greeted with a puzzled look saying 'why did you pull out?'
I forgot the most basic lesson from when teaching my son to ride a bicycle on the public road,

'Treat every other road user as a complete idiot with no idea what they are doing.'

I'm not one of those arrogant/ignorant/selfish drivers who are always in the right, sure, I screw up now and again but do like to think I am aware of when I have screwed up and appologise whenever possible.. :oops:
I do wonder at how some people get a driving licence, so many seem to have no knowledge of how to use indicators, roundabouts, speed, or indeed have any common sense whatsoever.??????

Pete B said:
Leaving local Tesco onto small roundabout with classic N/S/E/W layout. I'm at west, car approaching from my right. He has two lanes to choose from, left lane for left turn or straight on (12 o'clock position) or right lane for right turn (after 12 o'clock position) as stated in the Highway Code. He approaches in right hand lane with right indicator showing so I stupidly assume he is turning to his right. Imagine the laughter when after pulling on to the (small) roundabout he then turns on his left indicator and heads straight on, heading for my drivers door!!! Much stamping on brakes and me shouting 'what the f@ck are you doing you tw&t???' is greeted with a puzzled look saying 'why did you pull out?'
I forgot the most basic lesson from when teaching my son to ride a bicycle on the public road,

'Treat every other road user as a complete idiot with no idea what they are doing.'

I'm not one of those arrogant/ignorant/selfish drivers who are always in the right, sure, I screw up now and again but do like to think I am aware of when I have screwed up and appologise whenever possible.. :oops:
I do wonder at how some people get a driving licence, so many seem to have no knowledge of how to use indicators, roundabouts, speed, or indeed have any common sense whatsoever.??????

i think cornflakes were doing a special offer on them a few years ago :lol:

Not a road rage, but a w*nker pay-back occasion which always sticks in the memory.
Way back, in the mid 80s, when I would have been just out of my teens, my dad's bay was my daily driver for a time. Every morning I would be trundling to work as usual, on the inside lane of the M27, with workmen in the back, and building materials on the roof.
Most days I would see a little Fiat X19 sports car fly past me, with occupants of about my age. I also noticed that they usually made rude gestures at me. I guess it wasn't cool at that time for someone of my age to be seen driving such a vehicle, but anyway, I didn't take much notice, and as far as I was concerned my ride was far cooler than theirs!
Well, one morning this little Fiat shot past me as usual, and I got the usual gestures too. A short distance ahead I suddenly noticed the Fiat pulling onto the hard shoulder, and at the same time I saw an object in the road. It was their little detachable flat roof panel, which had somehow detached itself and was now right in my path. Even if I wanted to avoid running over it, I doubt I'd have had time to have done so. I barely noticed it as I drove over it! :lol:
They didn't look too pleased as they looked back and saw the buckled panel emerging from the back wheels of the bay! I remained friendly though, and gave them a big thumbs up and a huge grin! :mrgreen:
Funnuily enough I never saw that car again after that! :lol:

Try cycling to work! I had a small mirror on the end of my handlebars ...not anymore I've had the classic overtake then turn left, the see how close I can get to the cyclist, the ever decreasing gap between wall and car as the driver studies his/her satnav/phone/naval. I've adopted the London cycle courier attitude, it's the only way I can cope. I've even slapped a bus window before, that made him stop and think. That's only on a 4 mile commute. I'm not suprised though, my white T4 was invisible too! Sorry rant over.

Pete B said:

It's funny how roundabouts cause so much grief. The powers thatbe have even decided to start painting lines around big roundabouts to help people, not that it makes any difference to the majority of people that drive across the lanes then wonder why they are getting the the bird from me or a load blast from the horn. The times I've nearly had the front of my car/van removed by these dickheads.
The other one at roundabouts is when people don't look at the thousands spent on signage that denotes that the normal state of affairs does not hold true such as " USE BOTH LANES FOR TURNING RIGHT", at which point you end up with some old codger nearly in your drivers door.........or maybe it's just Peterborough!!

For road rage, try this :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pexIwT39m5Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is all so true.I hate the ones that look at you and then decide they have to pull out in front of you no matter how fast you are going then do 20mph and turn off.No one behind me and i was doing 50mph :x
Have to balance it a bit though because i've had so many people wave,thumbs up,slow down for a look and smile it kinda makes up for the dicks :D
Or i carn't tell the differnce between a thumb and a finger :?

There's definately a pecking order from the general public - slow vehicles by their nature (lorries, bays, classics e.t.c.) just get caught up in the selfish attitude of general drivers, as the average car speed increases then peoples expectations increase - and little time for delays in their all important journy's

There's knobs in all types of vehicles, but no-one seems to give a crap about people seen to be below average and can't wait to just overtake and forget you once you are in the rear mirror :(

Though - my commute was 25 miles round trip on a motorbike, you get to see so much more dodgy manouvers, general bad driving - and the sad thing is, all the rushing about e.t.c. makes negligable impact on the actual journey time? All cars are screwed in commuting traffic, that's why the best way round it is to either get a motorbike, and have no traffic problems - or drive a bay and then you don't notice it :D

i get a bit of similar treatment when i drive my elise ........ but its good to outrun most others that try at normal speeds. speed up is often my response, other times i slow down using the engine (which is pretty good in the elise). however, i suspect i annoy just as many people as annoy me when driving it. in the camper and mini van ('66) i get loads of people desperate to get past me only to coast along once there.

jonboylaw said:
You get tossers everywhere, they do not need a car, but I find it does accentuate them. They are usually easy to spot and best avoided in my books.
When driving the Caterham you get the Corsa crew wanting to race, but mostly good natured stuff, and I find that a lot of drivers will actually wave me past if it is safe to do so, far more often than the ones that try and block you (yep, that happens from time to time) or those that drive right up your arse in a 30 limit... In the Cat I have two choices, slow down and let them pass or boot it and get the hell out of there. I generally let them pass, I can find another road to play on, especially if they have little road craft..
In the van, it is usually the stressed out father wanting to over take or cut in, not a lot you can do about them really, just relax and leave space for them, they are going to try anyway so why make it dangerous. A gentle round of applause and a wave usually gets the point across. Enjoy the drive, you are in a 40-something year old creation, you have worked hard to earn it, you have taste and you appreciate your life, why let anyone spoil it for you ?

who? said:
I get the same in my T5 sleeper! Get the tailgating just before a dual carriage near me opens up from a 30mph limit which I am observing. Then they pull out to go past only to find that my van looks an old workhorse but has been tinkered with slightly and pulls up to 70mph very well thankyou!.....then it's my fault that they have looked like an idiot and hit well over the speed limit to get past before a slip road to turn left!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJM9rQvrkaQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ahh fuckantu um! :lol:

Latest posts