Rocky the Campmobile ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
toffo24 said:
Just a quick update , 95% complete , just finninshed a 900 mile round trip.

Fitted a new VS shifter, great bit of kit.

Here's is a couple of pics.

DSCF4202.jpg

DSCF4205.jpg

DSCF4297.jpg

Very nice ;)

top job on your bus ,the paint job is flawless ,i live in kent and was just wondering where you had it painted ,i am doing a full resto on my buss on the driveway but think i am going to have to send it of for paint. so wish i had a garage to get on lol ,theres not one nut or bolt left on mine at the mo but just cant get on due to weather .top job mate :D

dub boy said:
top job on your bus ,the paint job is flawless ,i live in kent and was just wondering where you had it painted ,i am doing a full resto on my buss on the driveway but think i am going to have to send it of for paint. so wish i had a garage to get on lol ,theres not one nut or bolt left on mine at the mo but just cant get on due to weather .top job mate :D

If your in Kent , pop along & see Kev @ https://www.facebook.com/southcoast.wagenwerks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; top bloke !

70 Westy said:
dub boy said:

If your in Kent , pop along & see Kev @ https://www.facebook.com/southcoast.wagenwerks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; top bloke !
cheers for that ,will look him up :)

Hi , our bus was painted at Channel Commercial in Ashford. Whe abouts are you if your local your more than welcome to see the results for yourself.

Pete

toffo24 said:
Hi , our bus was painted at Channel Commercial in Ashford. Whe abouts are you if your local your more than welcome to see the results for yourself.

Pete
ime in maidstone for my sins :lol: ,cost is the main issue .

Cost is very important , but like most things you only get what you pay for.

depends how much your looking at spending.....

Update time chaps! I am just getting Rocky ready for the trip to Ninove, items on the list to finish are:-

New throttle linkage
Ignitor II electronic ignition
Refit front speakers into kick panels
Fit our Buddy box
Tidy up the pop top hinges
And tidy up the wiring loom in the engine bay
And finally get the bus over to B&D for a rolling road tune and possible rejet.

Better get cracking then. Today I spent 4 hours fitting the JKM linkage. Cracking piece of kit supplied by Prowagen, Great guys to deal with too.
3013290_zpsccb6fca8.jpg

So first off i needed to remove the throttle roller tube and replace this with the original tube. This was one pig of a job! I was gutted to lose my roller tube, still hayho
3013289_zpsdd354a78.jpg

The linkage is supplied with a replacement case stud and nets, this this is just a case of taking the old one out and replacing it with new one which has a spacer incorporated. Fitting is pretty straight forwards.
3013291_zps42c162bf.jpg

Then you have to take the carb levers off and re-position the butterfly levers
3013292_zpsafeaf721.jpg

Cut your linkage rods to length and refit, hey presto, normally you dont have to fit a helper spring , but i did for security as my original tube is not that good, I had better add something else to the to do list!
3013293_zps75a7940a.jpg

I Thought that I would post this up as the instructions are in German.
Started first time, now runs better than it did with the hex bar linkage

Electronic ignition next! :)

Today I have been measuring up my tables for some new BuddyTops. I have also finished the speaker install in the kick panels.
interior224_zps80c27f72.jpg

interior226_zps61ecb4b5.jpg

interior241_zps266519b1.jpg

interior227_zps1cca90ed.jpg

Here are some before interior shots
interior236_zps8580d432.jpg

interior228_zps3dd8b1b6.jpg

interior237_zps9a911f0c.jpg

interior240_zpsf2acba7b.jpg

I am getting excited about the prospects of new table tops

Thank Lee. Means a lot hope it inspires people to see what is possible if you want to invest your time and money..

toffo24 said:
Update time chaps! I am just getting Rocky ready for the trip to Ninove, items on the list to finish are:-

New throttle linkage
Ignitor II electronic ignition
Refit front speakers into kick panels
Fit our Buddy box
Tidy up the pop top hinges
And tidy up the wiring loom in the engine bay
And finally get the bus over to B&D for a rolling road tune and possible rejet.

Better get cracking then. Today I spent 4 hours fitting the JKM linkage. Cracking piece of kit supplied by Prowagen, Great guys to deal with too.
3013290_zpsccb6fca8.jpg

So first off i needed to remove the throttle roller tube and replace this with the original tube. This was one pig of a job! I was gutted to lose my roller tube, still hayho
3013289_zpsdd354a78.jpg

The linkage is supplied with a replacement case stud and nets, this this is just a case of taking the old one out and replacing it with new one which has a spacer incorporated. Fitting is pretty straight forwards.
3013291_zps42c162bf.jpg

Then you have to take the carb levers off and re-position the butterfly levers
3013292_zpsafeaf721.jpg

Cut your linkage rods to length and refit, hey presto, normally you dont have to fit a helper spring , but i did for security as my original tube is not that good, I had better add something else to the to do list!
3013293_zps75a7940a.jpg

I Thought that I would post this up as the instructions are in German.
Started first time, now runs better than it did with the hex bar linkage

Electronic ignition next! :)

Lovely lovely bus, really like the look of the engine, very nice. What paint is it on the tin ware?
Looks like hammerite?

Cheers,

Alistair

Hi Alistair

It's not paint ....it's powdercoated.hammered effect. You can have it in a number of colours , fancy the beep bronze next time well nice.

Fancy a slightly bigger engine and differs box if I get half the chance too .

Pete

toffo24 said:
Hi Alistair

It's not paint ....it's powdercoated.hammered effect. You can have it in a number of colours , fancy the beep bronze next time well nice.

Fancy a slightly bigger engine and differs box if I get half the chance too .

Pete

Powdercoat? Looks lush, the dark bronze sound nice mind....

Bigger engine? I'll take yours off yer hands as they say. ;)

Alistair

Latest posts