rolling a bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluenose

Reaction score
I'm going to have to roll the bus soon because working with wire wheels underneath it is just to dangerous not to mention uncomfortable

I really don't want to pay for one of them body rollers but i do need a new bed and I was thinking of strapping my matress to the side of it and calling a few of the lads round to dump it on its side. Any reason I wouldn't want to do this?

I swear i've seen someone do it in the gallery but I can't find the thread for the life of me

Panel Damage!

and it was MCVWs build thread and he was aware of the damage likely to result and needed work to the side anyway so went with it.....

Look for a thread in the gallery by Angus hr rolled his by his garage block !

I`ve seen lot`s of threads where people have bought the rollers from £250, up to a grand. They use them for the work they need to do, then sell them on after. If you keep your eyes open on vzi they come up fairly frequently. If you had plenty of space or were near someone else that may need them, you could possibly go shares. Most of the ones I`ve seen actually bolt onto either the chassis / bumper mounts, or direct on to the hubs, not much chance of body / panel damage then.

Ozziedog,,,,,, do you live near me ?????? :lol: 8) :lol:

Graham L was looking at buying one to rent out....hes midlands way hence his shop Midland Early Bay have a word with him

Excellent im a big city fan, dont really come across people into campers and football, all my family are from birmingham, being 200miles away myself i dont get to the games really, but follow them every week on internet and tv, looking forward to sunday i think we can do it hopefully we got a fit side, id be tempted to put martins and zigic up front, and let gardener have a few log shots, keep right on

OK then Jim,,,,,,,,,,,, SO!!!! how do you know ???? I think I remember the thread with it for sale, and if I remember correctly, you had bought / borrowed a particularly good one and were then selling it on for either yourself or the owner dude ,,, when you`d done what needed doing.
The only downside of this would be me not wanting to sell anything when finished with it and it would be getting in my way for the next twenty years and I`d be tripping over it all the time,, :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,remembers somethings,, 8) ;) 8)

;) :lol:

Yeah I got it off ebay for what I thought was a reasonable price. Had to make some bumper mountings for it. And then yeah, 5 months later sold it on for what I paid for it. I should of (could of) sold it for alot more! Haha!

Fully recomend this route for the OP though. Dont mess about, as long as you can front the cash for a period of time. It's nice to be able to roll from one side to the other quickly aswell for ease of access to various areas.

All the best
Jim

Dont buy this one off Ebay .http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rollover-Jig-Spit-VW-CAMPER-VAN-SPLIT-SCREEN-/150564734652?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item230e5b86bc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they are not strong enough, I spent a whole day having to reinforce the lot

if its from cjauto , it'll be ok

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29411&p=248948#p248948" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don`t like the look of the first one,, looks like a lot of brute strength required there. Ok if there are ten of you in the workshop. Like the idea of the second one, and that`s the style I like the look of. Only trouble is,,, now I want one :roll:
I`ll go and ask Mrs Ozziedog, if I can have one for my birthday, to go with my new rims etc etc etc.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,Who started this stupid idea anyway !!!! :lol: ;) :lol:

haha the autovip one does look quality, I think it looks better as it bolts on to all four wheels. I can't justify that much dough though.

If the cheaper one is capable I think i'll go with that, i have a high lift trolley jack that i'm fairly confident could roll the bus if I put it under one of the tyres

I've e-mailed cjautos see what they say

I don`t reckon there is any benefit in getting one that`s brand spankers,, I`d be looking for a second hand one. That way you will defo get your moulah back. Different story if you want one for a business though. Hmmmm I need to get under mine soon,, I wonder what Mrs Ozziedog would say, now where could I hide / keep it with out her seeing it ??? Under the bed???

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Stoooopid thread,,, :lol: ;) :lol:

Latest posts