S**t Ive created a monster

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clyde

Reaction score
It all started as a small job

Remove engine to sort out abit of end float and a slight leak on the crank case seal. One of the engine mount rubbers was goosed and needed cutting off..................

While i was at it decided to get all the tin wear on the engine powder coated. Well one sheared bolt and two bits of knackered tin later. Ive managed to find some genuine single port head shrouds(not easy i will tell you) and they are already powder coated so thats good.

Clutch comes off to do oil seal and well, to be frank its seen better days what with wear and oil on it due to the leak, so while its all apart it might as well be replaced.

Header is really rusty and is going to look crap when all the nice shiney tin goes on but the price is now getting out of hand so that will have to wait, ive rubbed down the muffler and painted it for the time being but this just isnt worth it on the headers.

So this little jobs turned into
£80 on powder caoting, about the same for clutch and mounts etc and another £80 for the 2 head shrouds and belly pans.............

Just to compleatly ruin my day i took a drive out to Exmouth to get some seat covers fitted which i was told would be another £80 only to be told it was going to be £120 a seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said its halloween not fu**ing April fools, hed already told me it would be a easy job then comes out with that figure.

So all in all a costly little job, which means i wont be able to go to London on friday for the Ace meet followed by a night in the 100 Club and then Slough on sunday (its just Slough now im affraid)

Ps anyone want to give any help with the seat covers? Beer supplied......

This is the world of VWs.

I was only going to touch the rear corners and back arches up! Two months in well.... see for yourself in the gallery.

Ah early bays, how I love you so and how you annoy me when I m sittin on the hard shoulder and don`t know why! :lol:

Started this on Monday and things are not going smoothly.

Tuesday was a lost day due to my daughters school being closed.
Wednesday was lost as i didnt have access to the garage.
Thursday collected the tin wear (looks good) but ive been let down with the head tin as it hasnt arrived and now im not getting it till Sunday at Slough.

DSCF0090.jpg

Still got to fit the clutch and stuff but might aswell do it all in one hit. Ive got to go and rope up the gear box today so i can shift it off the pit as its needed for other jobs. Will fit my new rear shocks while im at it.
Looks like Monday is the day now, so hope nothing else turns up.

Looking good, keep up the hard work :lol:

mmmm I know the feeling, good luck--- just a tip -- the clutch plate dosn't go there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ianb said:
mmmm I know the feeling, good luck--- just a tip -- the clutch plate dosn't go there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like ill be doing it all over again then, as thats were it is at the moment :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts