San Diego Westfalia

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its worse than i thought, as the blisters are caused by tiny rust spots under the primer, so its the fault of the prep from what my bodyshop can tell. So its going to need a full bare metal respray to fix it to a good standard. The plus point is it being done at a very good pro bodyshop with a proper oven etc etc, so the paint should be very good.

Yeah not good. Are the blisters all over the bodywork or in a concentrated area, can't they just touch up the areas affected?

A bare metal respray sounds extreme and expensive.

Des

5erge said:
Yeah not good. Are the blisters all over the bodywork or in a concentrated area, can't they just touch up the areas affected?

A bare metal respray sounds extreme and expensive.

Des

its tiny rust spots under the primer, so only way to fix it is a bare metal job. Its all over the bus.Your right, its not the cheap option, but i prefer to do things right first time.

I could get a quick blow over and it would look great, but im not planning on keeping it due to various stuff atm job related, and if im going to sell it, I want to be able to justify the price and be happy whoever buys it is getting a good bus for the money,not something that will need repainting in 6-12 months. Its a 2 owner bus from new, the interior is mint, and everything else has been done,so i dont want the paint to let it down.

work has begun already

P1040666.jpg

Right, sides are all in primer, all been bare metaled, the top half will be bare metaled once the windows are out

primer should all be done next week, and should be in paint the week after

The front badge will also be moved up a tad, so its in the correct position when its all done

P1040711.jpg

P1040712.jpg

quick update, the whole bus was baremetaled apart from the roof and interior which was microblister free, its all now primered and paint hopefully going on soon, sorry for the rubbish pics, more to follow soon

IMG00222-20110302-1802.jpg

IMG00224-20110302-1802.jpg

IMG00225-20110302-1803.jpg

froggy said:
All this work and your still getting rid, the '78 must be in showroom condition :lol:

6 months out of work and bills to pay, would be tricky keeping it atm, but will see what what happens. Im back at work but the bills are still there :cry: .