Scampi's new van thread!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry dudes. It's not going to be ready for Stanford or Vanwest as still needs a re-wire and the indicator switch for the MOT!

I will however be going to both shows abd sleeping in a tent I think? :shock:

Todays work that went ahead anyway was the following.

First thing to come off was the bumpers.

Washing her yesterday and noticed that there was a bit of surface rust. So while i'm waiting for parts to come I thought I would get on with things.

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture004.jpg

It's amazing what comes up when you look deeper!

Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Anyway sanded the bumpers down today to get rid of the nasty rust.

Will treat them with the good old magical rust potion and then they will be ready for my brother to primer and paint.

Back again tomorrow!

Jail bars and panels go together like beer and...well anything.
After ogling the rear end view of your bus I think I see the interior is lined. Can you post up some pics for us plebs please?
I am trying to work out what to do with the interior of mine. No seats required, so semi camper is my thinking but what to do with lining the walls etc is still being pondered.
CopyofBugIn2007041.jpg

CopyofBugIn2007050.jpg

Mate, what can I say? Beautiful detail, I've saved the pics and will give it a go. I especially like the little door under the seat. I'm thinking of something like that under the bed. An overhaead and side cupboard like in the Westfalias are also in the mix at the moment. The only thing in doubt really is my joinery skills.

No room for cupboards only massive speakers :wink:

Yes indeed. It's a lads pad ya know!

The soundsytem will be the next mission for me and am trying to purchase wisely at the moment! :wink:

Purchase wisely and then buy big arse kicker stuff 8)

Latest posts