Scampi's new van thread!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyways small update!

Today I have been repairing the bumpers ready for primer tomorrow!

trim001.jpg

trim002.jpg

Trying to get rid of them nasty rusty bits!

Tomorrow I will mostly be grinding wheel arches out, finishing the bumpers and starting the re-wire! :lol:

Right guys

Bit of an update anyway for you all as not done one for a while.

Next step is working towards funding and building a 1776 lump for the girl. :lol:

Still working on the spec and cant decide whether to go with webers or dellortos?

Anyway, will probbaly run the one I have till Vanfest and change straight after that!

Also had loads of people telling me how good a van looks without bumpers as i'e been painting mine. :shock:

Just need to paint mine when I can get down the bodyshop next week. Been primed and flatted already.

Was going to rebuild carbs and stuff in the meantime but TBH I would rather save my money if i'm having a new motor in 3 months :lol:

Sorry, i'll shut up now :shock:

Thanks for the update dude - I'd be too worried about my bodywork to leave the bumpers off for any length of time!

Get some pics up when they're back on - it was looking sweet last time!

;)

Ordered some parts today for her as in rebild kits and filters for the carb.

Also ordered a Scat brether kit for her, anybody any experiences of these previously?

Right guys bit of an update as not done one for a while!

Thinking of stripping my van out and just having it as a van and taking the camper conversion out!

Any ideas how much I could get for it if I sold it?

Anyway dudes, yesterday the bumpers were finished and put back on!

granny003.jpg

granny002.jpg

Been tidying up the interior a little and trying to work out how i'm going to fit my sound system also. Decided that i will probably fit the stereo between the 2 fronts seats :wink:

Trying to work on the van today but rain is on and off!!! :cry:

Like saying earlier thinking of getting rid of the camping interior, any ideas how much it would sell for?

It really looks awesome, Scampi! 8) Leave the bumpers on!

I don't hope you're planning to put the vacuum cleaner somewhere on the engine. You don't gain any power with it, you know... :? :wink:

Hey scampi, you haver the bluebird stainless exhaust on that dont you?! :wink:

great job on them bumpers scampi - your van really looks cool. Mean, clean and green.

Latest posts