Scampi's new van thread!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scampi - that is one swell bus and as for the interior - restrained I believe :D

I agree with the sound and perhaps DVD playback system 8)

Double bed eh :wink:

It's not illegal if your vehicle is manufactured before a certain date - just like not having seat belt fitted or not having fog lights :)

No reverse on mine, loads of earlys dont have em. Bit of a pain when you are trying to reverse as nobody knows what you are up to :roll:

i dont think its legally needed till around 1983, but if its fitted then it has to work.

Now that I have a later (1800) box in my beasty it has probably got the switch for a reversing light. i will have to get busy and work out where to fit one though. The real estate back there is getting a bit over developed.
lightshowsept21004.jpg

do you like the gennie style hella units that go above the rear lights?

or what about off the rack?

I love the spot light of the roof rack, but my van doesnt fit in the garage with the rack on :cry:

It's a repro safety star and was a NOS foggy, Hassia I think from eBay Germany.
I might mount something up in the rear screen ligh a helphos setup. That might wind up the bug brigade eh?
I use the pillar mounted one but I can only see down the driver's side.
Plus if there is anexcuse to fit another light I'm up for it!

slammedkustom said:
do you like the gennie style hella units that go above the rear lights?

or what about off the rack?

Something like the genuine Hellas but attached inside the window with some rubber grommet to stop the glare. I don't want to start cutting holes anywhere else.

lovely van scampi, great colour

ps not got reverse lights on mine- i have the job of getting out and telling the people behind us to shift while he does the driving!

Latest posts