Screen out horrors revealed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark6455

Reaction score
Bus gone into a mates paint shop for the lower screen repair today
Took the screen out to reveal some nasty's

A bit cruddy hey
One question can you get the inner screen repair panel?

Cheers Mark

Yes :mrgreen:

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Windscreen-frame-inner-68-79-complete-one-piece-211805135C_act_shop.product_pID_196096.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Haha that's what caused it I think

Didn't realise how expensive repair panels are :shock:

Get yourself a funky green repair "bulge panel" and you can replace sections easily. They are about £125. I got mine from a guy in Somerset, but I think C & C now stock them. Don't get any other makes they are very poor quality...

I've got the klassic fab repair panel it's just the inner panel I need to sort out
Can it be patched

Bit of an update
I popped down to see how my mate was getting on with the repairs
He decided not to use the heratige inner repair panels as they were the wrong shape? So he made up his own he then tacked the screen repair panel in to gauge the fit

Just needs to dress the edges in

Rear valance has been replaces as it was shot
From this

To this

I did really want to keep the mottled paint work on the front panel but he's convinced me to let him do the whole front panel as it's got too many scabs for his liking

More to come

Mark

Have you checked behind the bottom edge of the front panel?
Water that goes in, must come out.

Rich

Looks like a good job. When I took mine out there was 1/4" of filler over aluminium tape to cover the rot, wouldn't have known if I hadn't of taken a wire wheel on the grinder to it.

I used the Schofield's repair panel, he makes his own.

Sent from my 02_jbla668 using Tapatalk

Hi yes he did it has had a previous lower front panel and luckily they had left a gap so the water hasnt pooled in the front too much.
were gonna check it more closely and take it from there

Nice job Mark. Are you having a full respray eventually now then?

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

Foz said:
Nice job Mark. Are you having a full respray eventually now then?

Hi Foz
well ive always liked the slightly rat look so was just having the worst rot and few scabs sorted but as always things start to spiral but yep full respray eventually but not quit to your awesome standard

mark

Dont get me wrong, I do love to see a patina bus in all its glory, but your bus with a shiney full respray would just look awesome mate!!
My opinion of course, there's a few patina high tops floating about, how nice to be a little bit different :cool:

Good stuff mark ... It's a bugger once you start it's hard to know when to stop !! :lol:

Your not far off though now ;)

Chris

Latest posts