Security measures

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy_sheff

Reaction score
What security measures do you take to stop your van going walkies! For those who leave them outside.

here is an idea for you:

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/AC711024/safetpedal-pedal-lock-baywindow/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks a beast. I already have one of the uber secure things that crosses the clutch and brake pedals.

Don't laugh, I know this is overkill but here goes.
1. Fuel cut off solenoid.
2. Wheel clamp.
3. Ground anchor concreted into ground with heavy duty chain around rear axle. :lol:

wolfgang said:
Don't laugh, I know this is overkill but here goes.
1. Fuel cut off solenoid.
2. Wheel clamp.
3. Ground anchor concreted into ground with heavy duty chain around rear axle. :lol:

Mate when it comes to it, I wouldn't laugh at all, incase the axel thing is a great idea!

These are buses creeping upto 20grand, you can never overdo it.

A creaking two piece gate, two mental terriers who raise holy hell at the sound of a mouse fart, two cars on the drive blocking it in and a security light.
And if they are trying their luck, they are fucked if I go out the front door as there is no escape from the back :lol:
Joking aside, I'm thinking of a text tracker in the headlining when I'm further along with the resto

Battery cut off, pedal lock, and I'm gonna put a post at end of the drive!

I have a wheel clamp, a parking security post with 2 padlocks and a Saftey T pedal guard. It's also parked opposite a very nosey neighbour who looks out of his window at every single noise, day and night !

GPs tracker with text capability to give me real time update of location, speed and direction of travel. Steering wheel lockable thing.

Similar to bertiethebus above - they'd have to get past the security light, move another car out of the way, get the padlocked double gates open, move a trailer and three wheelie bins out of the way, remove the steering lock, avoid alerting the dog (a spaniel who thinks she's an Alsatian) and then spend a good ten minutes manoeuvring the van to actually get out of the drive (hubby parks it within millimetres of the wall so we can shimmy past it on the other side!) It's a military operation every time we want to go out in it so l'd like to think a would be thief might decide it's not worth the agro :lol: :lol:

I've got a pedal lock, plus there's my other car blocking it in, security light on the drive, a friendly nosey neighbour and the remove the rotor arm trick but I'm thinking of putting an anchor or post of some sort in the drive
It's also never kept with a massive amount of fuel so if it was driven they would have to stop for fuel not long after leaving, oh and with the massive oil leak it currently has I could just follow the trail :lol:

Pedal lock
Gene Berg Locking shifter - locked in reverse gear
Inside a locked garage with a GSM enabled camera that sends photos to my phone if activated
Rotor arm removed
Lead off coil too although looks connected

Oh and a gated gravel driveway with one of these roaming

Electric movement sensors on fence
Armed guard on entrance
Locked garage
Key kept in separate location.

Got to love a military camp.

When it's out and about

Fuel cut off
Disconnect battery if I am more than a quick stop
Chain around steering to pedals

also just installed this

http://www.arlo.com/uk/?cid=PSarlogoogleps2.8UK-Brand&gclid=Cj0KEQjw3Le4BRDxx5bk4aDn9t4BEiQAfmxQGT-DS0OGreoLsOIu2aewo3O4_JZtKfkI4QBd4MHeHJYaAg1P8P8HAQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts