Setting STATIC Timing on a 1973 Engine with AS Cases ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eeza

Reaction score
My van is a little slugish to pull top gear and I am thinking the timings out, now I will get myself a timing light but thought I would make sure the STATIC timing is set there abouts before hand.

In this attached image the static timing marks for T2 1600 engines are shown, however I have a 1973 sticker on my fan shroud and the engine is a bitsa motor with AS cases so no real idea of its origins, question is where should the timing be set static at 7.5 / 10' BTDC for my engine ?

timing.png

Its easy to do with a test lamp and my pulley has 3 marks TDC 180' to TDC and a mark at approx 11pm to TDC if you know what I mean. Its a TP with the dreadded 009 and Pict 34 combo :shock:

Well you can throw that list away co you have a 009 dizzy,set @7.5 btdc static and then see what you have at 3000 rpm .26 aprox.

need a strobe to get it right. static is good to get it going thats about it. unless you can do it by ear, get a light makes the work of difference.

Latest posts