Shiplee' s 1969 California westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have u mate :lol:

Bit of fun !

I got my 5 year old to connect it up to a spare 12v battery after t tonight!
He didn't hang around , he was the other side of the garden before I knew it !

The plan is to leave the original horn in place if I can?
I'll try feed some more wires along the same route that the new wiring loom has taken , and put a push button in the dash for the new horn

Here's my family , if I manage to get this bus running this summer and u see us camping or at shows come n say hi :)
We r quite friendly

Here's my oldest

shiplee123 said:
The plan is to leave the original horn in place if I can?
I'll try feed some more wires along the same route that the new wiring loom has taken , and put a push button in the dash for the new horn

Easily doable :D you can fit a changeover toggle switch under the dash like this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221164522714?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D221164522714%26_rdc%3D1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And then you can choose between horns and the use them with the horn button on the steering wheel 8)

shiplee123 said:
Here's my family , if I manage to get this bus running this summer and u see us camping or at shows come n say hi :)
We r quite friendly

Will do mate 8) you at skeg Vegas or Stanford? :D

Oh thanks 68

That's handy to know!
I was gonna run new wires bur maybe that's a better option?

We have booked up dubs at the hall , my bus still needs to b mot n reg I've gotta try get it sorted soon , times ticking ! Only around 10 weeks left !

Do u guys remember reading this ?

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54366&hilit=Vasectomy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife has only 3 n a half weeks to go till baby number 3 !

Oh my goodness ! :shock:

Claxton horn fitted this afternoon ( still to be fully wired up as yet )
The old claxton horn , I assume fitted in USA wasn't working anymore !
I put new wireing in front to back so I could leave the og horn in place

Still plugging away with the jobs .... Some essential , some minor !

This week I fitted a new battery and redone the connections

Hi ya trebor how u doing ?

Heating , do u mean in my bus or the garage?
Neither is the quick answer lol !

I've never been bothered about heating in my bus. This may eventually change now we have a westy. Heat easily excapes through the pop top and as we do more trips away as our family grows and we choose to go away later in the year as it gets cooler we may need some heating.
Something I'll look into at a later date!

As for way to shiny .... Yes it's getting that way :(
I always wonted an og paint slightly ratty westy so I didn't have to worry about it!
True to form I've done it again . My last bus was immaculate ! This ones gonna b as well grrrrrrrr can't help myself lol !

Bit annoying cos I'm gonna end up worrying about my 3 kids scratching it. Will I ever learn ?

Where u live dan ? R u local to me ? I love meeting fellow peps on here !
I'm east anglia
I'm now getting worried the bus ain't gonna b ready for the summer :(
Gonna have to get working harder!

Latest posts