Shiplee' s 1969 California westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok bit fed up tonight

I've been working on Geri Lou today in the garage with dad ( ex sparky ) for over seven hours today.

Really pissed off with the guy who sold me the bus. Yes it's rot free that's all that matters tbh but so many little annoying issues , some were mentioned , some he lied about , time to name n shame !

Keiran of over drive classics Milton Keynes your not trustworthy at all , I know u used to come on here as u purchased a few parts from the guys , so I hope u read this and feel ashamed !
You wouldn't even answer my calls after you sold me the bus!

U still run a garage - I wouldn't use u again .... And u seemed so nice !

Bit naughty , such a shame !

Still a solid bus , just means I'm gonna b spending prob a grand more than expected by the time I'm finished !

I think a few of us hit problems when restoring a bus . Just at the amount I paid I didn't expect half the issues I've come across!

It will b ok and it will b a great bus , it's just costing me 100 ssss on top of the 1000 sssss I spent !

So today dad ( ex sparky ) and I spent 7 hours + trying to sort the electrics.

Kerian the previous owner had pulled the ignition apart as he had broken it. I also discover he hadn't left me several parts to put it back together.

After pulling the front indicators apart we realise they didn't have bulbs or bulb plastic holders holders in them , eventually we got the indicators working on an electrical meter !

He had put l e d lights in the back because he said they looked cool but if I wonted to change back I could just put the original bulbs back in as the holders were there.
It's obvious now why he did this because uk bulbs won't fit so he took the easy option and fitted the first set if modern lights he came accross and just layed them in the holder!

Good old Ron on here has been a star! Helps me sorce all kinds of parts. Well worth remembering him if u need bit n bobs.

Hope to get these bits next week and things can continue.

We are still struggling to find a live feed to the main headlights and wipers. Dad put a false live to them and they do work but not on the original wires at the moment !

Got a bit done today but generally very annoying !

So a bit of advice , trust no one , no matter how nice they seem. I do have a rot free , potentially nice bus but riddled with little issues to sort which I was not told about or was led to believe wasn't a problem !

Not to worry I'll get it sorted !
I don't give ip that easily !

Gutted tho as I wonted a bus we could use this spring as my wife is due to have baby number 3 in 3 weeks.
We have booked DATH for in around 10 weeks

....... I'll b lucky :(

Oh my goodness
Spaghetti junction comes to mind !

7 hours later and we r 90% there just a couple of wires we just can't fig out?

Just trying to finish on a positive note

Engine bays looking better. Repainted , cleaned , wires tidied up . Needs a carb rebuild but looking up !

I feel your pain mate, I've spent so many hours fixing all the little jobs I never noticed at first. They're the time consuming ones, but as annoying as it is, at least you know they won't be future probs eh.
At Least you ain't got rust to worry about on top of all that, like my UK bus, daren't look at it lately because another bubble appears ! :lol:

Yes squirt your right.
Shame u got rust going on ! That's the real big problem with our busses!
My issues aren't big issues but still annoying !
Not what u expect when you've spent thousands ov pounds ( many thousand ) !
I'll get things sorted , I always do !

Hope you get that rusty stuff gone ASAP . Not very nice tbh ! :x

Tell me about it..
Yours looks really nice though, will be cracking when it's on the road !
Unfortunately mines gonna carry on slowly rotting away for another two years till I've finished my garage/extension ,then I can get the grinder out and fix it in my new man cave 8)
Till then ,I'll keep wishing I bought an import :lol:

Sorry it's not worked out quite as you expected. But you'll soon be on the road and loving it. Keep the faith!

Keep going m8 - at the rate you plough through it you'l have it done in no time im sure ;)
Just another minor setback from the world that is Earlybay :msn4:

I can imagine the worst thing is not just the issues you're having, but the seller being economical with the truth. Keep at it, you know how we all love picture updates on here ;)

Thanks guys :)

I think we all have setbacks on our projects. As u guys know I'm not shy when it comes to getting stuck in and it's not a problem sorting the jobs that I'm finding I've gotta do.

The main problem , just like u were saying alpine , was the fact the seller miss led me regarding the work that was needed. Even some of the things he said he had done he hadn't .
Some of the jobs done I've had to redo myself!

There's a lot of decent honest people out there. There's also a lot of deceitful people to.

When u buy a new bus it's not always possible to check over everything till u get it back and start fiddling around at home in your own time.

Like I said I've spoken to Ron on here , he is sending me the parts I need to get the lights and indicators working . Then I'll just have to fig out the last two electrical issues which is no power to the wipers and main beam.

All sortable jobs , just didn't won't the extra workload at the moment

Baby number three anytime soon , I really wonted this running before baby arrived as my time wil be so limited!

I'll keep u all informed with the progress as always !

Last time I looked u had just brought it, now look at what u are doing.....at this rate u will have it done within a week!
Nah all jokes aside good luck James hope to see you soon :D

Hello mate long time no speak !

How's the mrs ?

How's your fanny :lol: ( in house joke )

Well chap all I can say is I don't mess around ! , I know what I won't and I sort it !

Just gotta get on and fix stuff !

Look at how quick I produce children ! ...... I do it and there u have it , another child again !

Ahhhhhhh

Keep up the good work! I know how you feel, mine had an oil leak which turned out to be a cracked case :( when stripped case everything was shattered inside. How it run i will never know :shock:

As said, keep up the good work and keep the updates and pics coming :D

Thanks dazza

So frustrating

My last bay was as about as clean as a bay can be !

Now I'm having to sort several issues on this new bus but will keep u all informed with the progress....

..... U know me well enough by now! I'll keep the posts n pics coming !

Latest posts