Shiplee' s 1969 California westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's funny trebor !

Aogrady I'm not sure which way up is correct.

Us import converted to uk speck.

Duel bulb does lights n break lights.
Uk lights r split. Break light and rear lights yes ?
So should my us holder have the rear lamp and break light top or bottom ?
Not sure if it's an mot fail or not?
What's the norm ?

shiplee123 said:
That's funny trebor !

Aogrady I'm not sure which way up is correct.

Us import converted to uk speck.

Duel bulb does lights n break lights.
Uk lights r split. Break light and rear lights yes ?
So should my us holder have the rear lamp and break light top or bottom ?
Not sure if it's an mot fail or not?
What's the norm ?

Just had to scroll through my thread to find picture

DSC_1044_zpsc1625513.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

DSC_0403.jpg

Stop and tail light, indicators in the reversing light with orange bulbs

Alistair

Kids were out today with the grand parents. I finished work and had about an hour spare so thought it try tackle the anti roll bar and fit the front suspension .

Weren't as bad as I thought. With the anti roll bar I used moles to tighten the clamp . One at a time I tightened one set then put the other one on just that bit tighter, then removed the other tightened it a bit and niped it up just that bit more till I could slide the metal fixing sleeve over. Happy with that.

Suspension went on fine too !

So this is the second Friday that my dad n I have spent all day on Geri Lou's electrics that's 14 hours , maybe more !

Finally making some progress .... We now have lights !

Rear lights and breaks !

Yet another day on the bus!
Seem to b spending a lot of time on her at the moment !
Machanic round today as well!

Last time he was round we had the engine running but it was spluttering and poping so new bosh plugs and points.

We also done a full carb rebuild

I got him to check over the work I've been doing myself since he was round last including anti roll bar , shocks , fitting exhaust , loads of little stuff !
That was all fine :D

We fitted the new center idler pin
Was a bitch of a job. We didn't have the correct tool or a large enough g clamp to remove the bushes.
We eventually got them out and the new kit all fitted

We got the bus running
Before we fitted the new plugs n points it was firing on just three cylinders but engines running nicely now apart from the fact that she won't idle nicely.
We are sure the carb needs looking at again.
I'd like to change the carb for a solex so may do this as yet. Will try cleaning it out again then if it don't work will shell out for a solex.

She's getting close to an mot
Gotta sort carb , sort main beam dimmers on indicator stalk couple other small jobs n she will b ready

Just for now I thought I'd paint the front indicator bulbs until I get hold of something better

Latest posts