shock recommendations

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landiedave

Reaction score
I have a slightly lowered van with 35cm between the upper and lower shock mounts at the front, has anyone got any recommendations for which ones to fit? The problem I have is that over bumps the suspension bottoms out with a bang so I will need some with a fare bit of resistance. Thanks, Dave

What shocks are you running currently? I'm presuming that they are standard ones, in which case the bottoming out is as a result of the length of the shock rather than the resistance of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are KYB GR-2 made in Thailand and are gas filled if it makes a difference? Thanks, Dave

All shock absorbers are different lengths, KYB GR2s in about 8 to my knowledge.
Take your shock absorber off, then jack the van up until the wheel is off the floor, measure the distance between the shock mounts. This is your fully open length.
Jack just the wheel up until the van just starts to lift, measure the distance between the shock mounts. This is your fully compressed length.
You will need a shock absorber with open and compressed lengths 20mm greater than the measurements you took.

Latest posts