Show me your awnings

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadget Boy

Reaction score
Im looking to purchase a new awning but it MUST have two separate bedrooms for the little ones and a kitchen bit too

Can you help with pics and prices and experiences etc I.e did it go up and down easily does it have good legs etc . Ideally pics in place on the bus too .

Thanks in advance guys

Gadget ;)

:mrgreen:

You need plenty of space for washing up and somewhere to hang your pinny?

I have the Motordome Sleeper by Khyam one which unfolds like a murder scene tent.
It is great. Super quick to put up, huge inside, and has two bedrooms too. In fact it is seriously quick to put up compared to my mates JK one, it takes 10 mins total once i've got it off the roof rack. The only downside is it packs quite big because all the poles are fixed to the awning. The other downside is the price...

I have had one from Bluebird, Just Kampers and this is by far the best.

http://www.khyam.co.uk/detail.asp?p=791&product=Motordome%20Sleeper" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Plenty of room in one of these Dean, and you can get a seperate room to zip in. Fairly easy to put up, good in the rain, easy to connect to the bus. Only down side is it's massive when packed down.
DSCF2224.jpg

DSCF2223.jpg

DSCF2225.jpg

Outwell country road.

hi dean not an awning but a 4 man pop up (we've slept 6 in it comfy:shock:) both bedrooms have inner tents , 5 mins to put up (pissed) sam and my daugher put it up ;) packs away to not a lot no pole threading 10 pegs done :D we have used it all over europe for the last three years in monsoons, burning hot sun and on windy anglesea and its been brill ........we sleep in the bus and give the kids walkie talkies .....happy days ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_YVfwhtk1Q&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

100_0569.jpg

100_0429.jpg

chris

this is my setup deano. 2 x jk space makers joined together for long trips. one for shorter trips.

2 bedrooms in the end one, sneaky travel loo in the centre, then run one bedroomless for a nice living room.

camping in style (ignore the t4, i realise no one likes those)

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

cheers dude. they only stand me at £200 for the pair bought on here as new. did try the jk frame awning that came with my bay for a bit (strapped to the side of my sharan) but it was just a bit of a tank to carry around.

wow - didn't realise you could put the annex on the sleeper 8)

+1 for the sleeper though - has one big inner that has a hanging partition thing and big enough in the rest of it for a table and chairs/crap for 2 adults and 3 kids

cfaedfa5.jpg

c17bbbb4.jpg

If you want something with loads of space, get a Driveaway XC, we had 10 people sat in the living part at Easter and VanWest with room to spare,

001.jpg

001.jpg

the only downside is that you need two people at least to put it up and take it down.

do the khyam ones come with built in ground sheets, i interested in swopping my outwell tent for an awning but needs to have the ground sheet built in or the dog breaks for freedom :lol:

Latest posts