Show Me Your Seat Solutions For Tubbed Busses

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DasBull

Reaction score
I am working on my bus project and have gotten my 3" tubs installed. I moved onto the seats and discovered a hurtle I am researching solutions on. I wanted to reuse the original seats and seat tracks but the contour of the seat bottom does not lend itself well to flat tubs like I built. I have seen modified seats IN a bus but am having a hard time finding fabrication pics of the seat modification itself. Does anyone have anything they can show/ share to illustrate their solution for retaining original seats with their flat tubs? Here are a few pics of the project:

Here is a picture from before I decided to tear it apart again and lower it the hard way!

Most people go for smaller/thinner bases as if you use original seats they will be too tall and you wont have enough space under the steering wheel and your head will touch the roof (depending on how tall you are)

Dug in and got it done. 3" tubs, flat bottom original seats, and the steering box/ steering wheel raise fit perfectly!

Latest posts