Single cab project Part 1

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers mate yours too, like i say text me next weekend when you're over this way and i'll show you my bug :mrgreen:

dagboyblue said:
put the sc in for surgery yesterday - getting the load bed water-proofed and sorting the the inner compartment - want to get it nice and tidy (and water proof) hopefully I will have it back on the road in a week
also I cleaned out 2 buckets of african sand last weekend - not a nice job
getting the vertical struts replaced / straightened out so i can put in a wall to seal the tank away from the main compartment
also replacing the middle section of the floor - a few pepper pot holes
also more welding on the load bed supports
so should have a spotless compartment in a week :lol:

Ah not so distant memories come flooding back! Ever wished you had a twin treasure chest door model? :lol:

looking forward to seeing pics. a job im not looking forward to on the double :? looks sweet so far dag. 8) :mrgreen:

finally have the cargo compartment ship shape and water tight had to replace the middle floor section in the main compartment and also take the tank out and replace the part under that

then replaced inner and out sills on the drivers side and resprayed as close as i could get it to the original faded paint

had to fab the lower setionc of all the upright supports to give some more structual strength
picture1-17.jpg

picture1-16.jpg

there was massive bubble on this sill section - up at least 4" and some holes through to the inner compartment just behind the front arch - now looking good
picture1-19.jpg

then managed to add some more bling - with the truck mirrors from mjknight71 cheers dude 8) - I think the sc has a harder look now with the truckies :evil:
picture1-20.jpg

picture3-1-1.jpg

picture3-2-1.jpg

list for things to do -
tonneau cover
fit the porsche wheels
get the interior sorted - door cards, kick panels and a sound system
:lol:

looking good dagboy

i dont know why, but those truck mirrors always make me think of Plug, from the bash street boys ( comic from my childhood)

Bash_street_kids.jpg

slammedresto said:
looking good dagboy

i dont know why, but those truck mirrors always make me think of Plug, from the bash street boys ( comic from my childhood)

Bash_street_kids.jpg

:lol:

stu - always get my plates off a guy on ebay, let me know if you want the link

Nice job on sill dude.
Those truck mirrors are a bit different to the ones you usually see as well.
Have you found somewhere that sells the right size tonneau cover or will it be a custom job?

looks like a custom job mate - theres a guy on volksworld who says he has a template

Bernard Newbury is also down the road to me - he said to bring it over for a measure up

what ever it will be around the £200 mark :( do you have any other ideas :?:

dagboyblue said:
looks like a custom job mate - theres a guy on volksworld who says he has a template
Bernard Newbury is also down the road to me - he said to bring it over for a measure up
what ever it will be around the £200 mark :( do you have any other ideas :?:

Not really, its a big load bed even compaired to some of the yank trucks so not sure if there is anything available off the shelf.

getting a mate of mine to make mine for my crewcab. dunno about price yet. wouldnt mind getting a single up to him cos i may well start making tilts and bows myself as he makes covers in PVC and canvas. they do a good job too. :mrgreen:

picture1-17.jpg

Thanks for that ,this week I am going to paint mine inside ... :D

I like the truck mirrors , but I am such a bad driver I would knock them off... :oops:

Singlecabs rock... 8)

internet giving me jip

i think this is the dude

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PRESSED-METAL-number-plates-Aluminium-Vintage-4x4-GB_W0QQitemZ110361015173QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item110361015173&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts