Sliding door keeps coming off its runner?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andys

Reaction score
It has come off 3 times now :( , happens when shutting it, any one got any ideas,
and if parts needed , best place to get them.
Thanks Andy

Which runner are you talking about, the top one?, if it is the wheel is worn and you can buy new ones from VW heritage etc, you can tell if its worn by pulling the door in and out whilst open, it shouldn't move too much if it does its worn, you could also try adjusting the top bracket, 2 screws under the cover, undo them and see if you can push the bracket up a bit and then retighten.

If the bottoms coming out then it sounds like you need a new bottom runner complete, harder to find and more expensive, is it LHD or RHD?

Thanks for the reply , the van is RHD, its had a 2nd hand bottom runner fitted( the old one snapped ) but the old one did it sometimes. Would fitting spacers in the bottom one work?

if its the bottom one check that the outer lip hasn't bent/worn. mine was bent and had to tap it back upright. hasn't come off since. :)

I had a good look yesterday , as the door is about 4/5 inches from closing it wants to come out at the bottom, there is no lip, so could this be the problem.
I did clean it to make shoure theres no crap making it come out.

I need to get this sorted as the door fell on the wifes foot the other day :(

Latest posts