Sliding door roller bearing replacement

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moseley

Reaction score
Our sliding door has never run on the roller when opening and shutting it - it mostly slides along on the nylon guide block. I thought I'd whip it off this evening and see what is going on, as the roller seems to wobble and move up and down. Presumably this is why it isn't rolling along the runner - it just moves up out of the way.

So, whipped it all off and found that there aren't enough balls in the bearing to complete the full circle around the race. Presumably someone else has worked on this before and lost a few. Clearly this is why there is so much play in it. I've looked at replacements online, but they aren't cheap for just a roller. Anyway, I put it all back together, and then it struck me that perhaps the roller could just have a modern caged fitting pressed into it instead. But unfortunately, like a twat, I've already put it all back together without measuring it.

Looking at pics of aftermarket ones, this is what they have - so the question is, does anyone know what size bearing I'd need to order to fit the roller?

Long shot maybe! :msn4:

Latest posts