Small amount of restoration...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just one side and the roof to do!
dcf9c6cada0b059d97775b2293247558.jpg

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Your brave doing a big job like that. My painting is getting better but I wouldn’t attempt anything like that. So fair play to you and it looks good. [emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Mike. Spraying is quite easy to get the hang of and flatting/polishing is just elbow grease. I've learnt that the real skill is in the masking. I was thinking of removing the windows, but some PO has done the top white on the outside only and it looks like they masked the window rubbers. I did the same and there are a few bits I'm not too happy with now I've remove the tape. I think when I'm out I'll get a rope to put round it, like in a museum, so that no-one gets too close. It's not too bad, and way better than it was. I may finish it tomorrow [emoji846]

You can pick fault all you want and some do especially with something they’ve done themselves. It looks a million times bettererer than it did before and it’s more protection on a smashing bus. I’d also wager that at fifty years old, this machine has had more than two or three coats of paint in its time and probably will have two or three more before it ends up in a museum somewhere :) 8) :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,.now how can I get him to paint mine tooooo :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

fallingoffalot said:
Everyone needs a stereo in their garage! The tape I'm playing is a recording of the 'Friday night rock show' by Tommy Vance, radio 1 I think, from 1990
54b01312afc37360f40b737492d7b9ce.jpg
I used to listen to that show all the time in the 80’s and still have some tapes somewhere.

fallingoffalot said:
You're more than welcome to borrow the compressor and spray guns if you fancy having a go yourself. I can also advise on what paint to buy.
I need to start thinking about respraying mine as some bubbles and cracks are starting to appear.
What paints do you recommend?

Hey great job and post love ya stereo , what paint did you use ? Did you get it local to you or online ?
Looks well pucker staight our if the gun and elbow grease
Sanding flat you should be chuffed with the finished work.
Cheers keep the posts coming.
Adi

I would recommend the Paints4U online, it's a bit more expensive, but better quality than a couple of others I tried. I think before I do the rest of the red, I'll buy a new better quality gun.

They're better than some but not a perfect match, that's the only downside, I'm guessing that if you want a match you'll have to send them a sample, if they offer this.

There's a place in Gloucester called Middleton paint, I've never tried them, but they offer a matching service. I've heard some good things about them.

Latest posts