Small amount of restoration...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New wheels on front with new 185/65R14.

51d1625825615857a28b45af5640cbe7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Lol, my Mrs said exactly the same! I am never spraying another thing.... I'd forgotten how time consuming the masking is, I've done this exact job before and probably said the same then.

92624f6752e60112ffb7d06680e6375e.jpg

Coda, I'm in Cheltenham, more than welcome to pop round of you're local, I've got all this week off.
026fdd9a7835e83ed397989a84e02fe1.jpg

Joking aside, it is a pain.
I remember doing the same to my garage when I resprayed the pop top.

Can’t wait to see the results ... hopefully the Kronenbourg has worn off before you get your gun out ... spray gun that it [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I guess so, using wet, 1200 grit then 2500, then polish. I'm getting better at the spraying bit, the smoother you can get it from the gun, the less flatting needed. The roof is massive!

Flatting is just taking imperfections off and keying the surface for another coat of paint using wet and dry and water, with a drop of soap or detergent.
Sanding usually means taking all the paint back to bare metal without water.

I've got a machine, but the disks seems to get clogged quicker, dispite plenty of water, it's marginal as to whether it's actually quicker or not. I may get it on the roof as there's loads to do, we'll see.

Latest posts