Small amount of restoration...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fallingoffalot said:
They're better than some but not a perfect match, that's the only downside, I'm guessing that if you want a match you'll have to send them a sample, if they offer this.

There's a place in Gloucester called Middleton paint, I've never tried them, but they offer a matching service. I've heard some good things about them.
Thanks, I'm still debating whether to do all the prep work and respray myself or just the prep and drive it in to a bodyshop. I'll have a search for Middleton either way.

Roof looks nice so good job.
Stereo setup in the garage looks sweet - will have to get a pic of mine!

Just been out in the dark for the first time since getting my van in May last year (and more importantly since it was rewired). Yes, lights are good, went down some unlit roads - no issue with brightness on dipped or main. All worked well and I remembered that you turn the lights knob to adjust the brightness of the dash lights! The JK rev counter back light about 5 times brighter than the others, so I had to turn it almost all the way down. Any ideas how to tone down the brightness - suppose I could put a separate POT on the rev counter light feed?

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

I’ve got the same issue with my oil temp gauge. Two solutions.

1) use a lower wattage bulb, or the same type as the others but you’ll have to jury rig a holder (got a 3D printer?)

2) cut one of the wires and add a resistor in line. Problem is that you’ll have to guess the value to get the brightness right (trial and error) and you can’t use common 1/4w resistors cos they’ll burn.

Oh 3) you maybe could paint the bulb with some white paint (or maybe off white if you also want to colour match)

Great ideas there. My monster tacho, looks a little like Blackpool on my dash, anyone following me in the dark gets hypnotised and maybe I should turn it around because my headlights are like two birthday candles :( :lol: :(

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, another thing on my ever growing list :mrgreen:

I've been researching getting some new front seats and narrowed it down to Porsche tombstones. There's obviously a cost vs. condition factor here. If anyone knows of or has any for sale that aren't very expensive and aren't ripped to shreds I'd be interested.

Oh and in red would be nice to match my interior :)

No I haven't. Apart from the higher back are they going to be much different?

Would be good to see some though. If anyone around Gloucestershire has any fitted I wouldn't mind a look (from 2m of course)

Yes, the seat bases are much narrower and the side bolsters are pronounced.
If you're a bit broader in the beam and have a fat arse they're not for you.
If you're passing you can try mine, I'm between M5 J16 and M4 J19.

I agree with Sparky, tombstones are not for anyone of a large frame as they are quite tight. I love mine and find them extremely comfy.
Welcome to try if you're up North at all!
Cheers
Al

Luckily I'm quite a slim chap, so should be fine on that front! Watching a few on eBay at the moment, they seem to be advertised at about £300+, then end with no bids. I guess they'll just get relisted. Time to put some cheeky bids in :)

I’ve got a pair of MX5 seats here that you can try if you like. They’re very similar to what you’ve been thinking of. They are usable as they are and definitely worth a try, if you liked them then they could be re upped to any colour you like. A pal of mine offered them to me for forty quid for the pair but now they’re just something else clogging up my garage. They’re black at the moment I think.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,you’re more than welcome to try them :mrgreen:

Off down to The Wave in Bristol. Had hoped it wouldn't rain, but hey ho... Also can't get 2 eight foot surfboards in a Clio!
cd1e569bc5868d9d38e63911cbdbc911.jpg
952ec9caa929e8308426c6a4c23db3fb.jpg

Found some old photos in the loft of my 1978 late-bay...

Looked on the DVAL website and the last V5 issue was 1996, and it's tax was due in 1998, so looks like it doesn't exist any more, shame as it was mint when I owned it. Previous owner had fully restored it. It was registered as a delivery van.

Latest posts