solar panel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustydiver

Reaction score
Tried to move the bus today. Battery flat, battery in garage charging at the mo.

Thinking about buyina a small solar panel for the battery so that it can trickle charge, do they work has anyone tried one.

rustydiver said:
Tried to move the bus today. Battery flat, battery in garage charging at the mo.

Thinking about buyina a small solar panel for the battery so that it can trickle charge, do they work has anyone tried one.

yeah they work, got one 2 years ago for the beetle from a guy on vzi. its a proper vw one from the us of a. dont use it any more as i have 2 huge batteries in the bay so just gathering dust - cost me £35, would take 20 for it :wink:

I have one bought from Maplins, its just left on the dash when Im not using it and keeps the battery charged up a treat, had it on for over a year and no probs and battery in great health 8)

Ive got one off fleabay £12.00 inc P&P. All connected up and working. Only time will tell! :D

Im sure all will be fine chap 8)

I use one of these... sucks to window as well :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Solar-Panel_W0QQitemZ110104592268QQcategoryZ41981QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i have one on mine, got it from ebay for £12. it works all the time, even under the weather proof cover :D :D

regards

marcher

Latest posts