• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD!!! Working Ambulance Fans with switch ready to post

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have sourced 3 original VW wiper switches so the price will now include a 2 stage wiper switch the same as the ambulance fan switch.

Pair 1 - ambulance fans, covers and wiper switch £180 posted

Pair 2 - ambulance fans, covers and wiper switch £180 posted

Pair 3 - ambulance fans, NO COVERS and wiper switch £160 posted

Well guys,

My suitcase is packed and I had space for the ambulance fans, the covers and the switches!

I fly Friday morning, so will be available from Monday. here are the switches you get.

20131218_191035_zps54bef853.jpg

20131218_191046_zps195314e3.jpg

Treat yourself...

Thanks for the heads up. I do know that they are wiper switches and have said above in the thread.

The wiper switch operates the same as an ambulance switch with two positions. The wiper switch simlehas additional functionality of the washer pushbutton.

Nath

Haveacamper said:
Thanks for the heads up. I do know that they are wiper switches and have said above in the thread.

The wiper switch operates the same as an ambulance switch with two positions. The wiper switch simlehas additional functionality of the washer pushbutton.

Nath

So can you wire these up like a clown's flower? :lol:

I've toyed with installing a set of these... but other than them being called "ambulance fans" I assume that really they're just auxiliary helper fans for the fresh air system? Is it so you get fresh air through when stationary, or is there some other purpose and I've misunderstood?

I'm also looking for an ambulance step (I know what that does) for my LHD '71 crossover... if you have any leads?

Ta!

Well, that´s their main function. But combined with the heater on full blast they improve defogging as well.
Other than that are they just cool to have if you are a gadget junkie :), especially the original fan switch knob is a good looker :). I don´t use mine much, but don´t want to miss them either. They came in handy in times of heatwave, not that we see many of those

Thanks Johnny - hope to get in post before weekend.

still two sets available.

I should be able to get hold of a replica ambulance knob to fit onto the wiper switches so you wont tell the difference unless you look under the dash if you would like this would be an extra 15quid

NaFe

Haveacamper said:
Thanks Johnny - hope to get in post before weekend.

still two sets available.

I should be able to get hold of a replica ambulance knob to fit onto the wiper switches so you wont tell the difference unless you look under the dash if you would like this would be an extra 15quid

NaFe
now you tell me! :?

Mine are fitted and work great I think I've even managed to source a original switch!

Latest posts