• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Solex 34 PICT 3, manifold, servo takeoff , oilbath airfilter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aogrady

Reaction score
Hi!

X2 PICT34's First one is ok condition, was only changed to cure a flat spot, which was still there afterwards, so has been running ok. Would benefit from a bush job and quick service with new gaskets to be really good. Was keeping this as a spare, but now going to twin carbs so now not needed. Looking for £25 for this one. (last 2 carb pictures)

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

The other one is ok for spares, a mounted bolt is missing, and the 5p sized back fire disc thing has been expoxied over. There is a screw fitted down the vac pipe for dizzy. Everything else seems ok, haven't took it apart, but ideal for bits if you need a base or top cover. Looking for £15 for this one.

Next up a couple of inlet manifolds for the 34 PICT 3, (now seems seem to have larger diameter heat risers than my rusty old one still on my van)
There is a take off blocked, suitable for a servo bus i would guess.
I have taken a close up of the casting number so you can work out what it's off.
Looking for £15each.

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

Also i have a stock oil bath air filter. Not too sure of model year, but again the picture with the part number may help. Complete with the black pipe that always seems to be missing. There is some tape on this so don't know how split it is if any.
Looking for £25

011-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

009.jpg

Prices plus posted at cost

Cheers!

Alistair

Hi - if it helps - that manifold looks like the '71 version with the servo take-off......I was looking for one 6 months ago (quite rare - can't buy them new anymore)

Also looks like the '71 air filter as this has the vac activated valve on it, again - was looking for one of these too but have now also gone twin carbs :D

lard said:
Hi - if it helps - that manifold looks like the '71 version with the servo take-off......I was looking for one 6 months ago (quite rare - can't buy them new anymore)

Also looks like the '71 air filter as this has the vac activated valve on it, again - was looking for one of these too but have now also gone twin carbs :D

Hi,

Thanks for clearing that up, didnt think the manifold was a rare part! I'm used to drum brakes!

Cheers,

Alistair

Hi there,

Can you please message me with a postage cost for the oilbath airfilter to Middlesborough?
I have a mate that has been after one in Aus and he has family in the UK that can post it out from there.

Cheers,

JOSH

hey! if the good carb and the air filter are still up for grabs then I will have them both please! :) Tell you what, if you will take a tenner for the other carb then I will have that too!

cheers,
Steve.

crazycaver said:
hey! if the good carb and the air filter are still up for grabs then I will have them both please! :) Tell you what, if you will take a tenner for the other carb then I will have that too!

cheers,
Steve.

Hi,

That sounds like a deal to me, you can have both carbs and the filter. I would certainly give the good carb a service, maybe a bush and a gasket set - it has just laid unused in the garage for a few months. Certainly the gen Solex;s are better than the cheap Brosal, which is what i have currently, albeit a fairly new one. Or you could just whack it on, but a service would not go amiss, it did run fine on my bus mind, prior to laying dormant with the other vw bits in the garage.

Do you need any manifolds? Will do a deal on the whole lot if you like?

Cheers,

Alistair

cheers Alistair! I have machined new bushes so just needed a donor carb to rebuild - so perfect. Sorry but don't need any manifolds, seem to be falling over them in the workshop! :roll: Can you send me some payment details and we can get some loot over to you!

Steve.

crazycaver said:
cheers Alistair! I have machined new bushes so just needed a donor carb to rebuild - so perfect. Sorry but don't need any manifolds, seem to be falling over them in the workshop! :roll: Can you send me some payment details and we can get some loot over to you!

Steve.

No worries, you have pm!

Alistair