Somebody hit my van!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brenchk

Reaction score
No reason for the post other than to get the following off my chest. Somebody hit my van today when I was in the local supermarket. The reason for using the van was to get it warmed up ready for the run to France on Monday. The buggers have hit the rear wheel arch which looks dangerously close to the wheel now and can't decide whether to abort the trip. There is a few mm between the wheel and the body but only a few! Paint work chipped and scratch along the rear of the van. Big concern is whether to keep to plan A of going to France. Any thoughts out there?

If it was me I would knock it out and still go, it seems like you would have to get it cut out anyway and it would be a shame to miss out on your trip just because some arse hit your van and drove off.

I would also ask the supermarket about CCTV as they might have the person on it hitting your van, thats if you have not already, also tell the police :D

pull it, doesn't matter how messy it looks get it seen to when you get back. Hope you catch the bastards who hit your van, i'd be furious! :evil:

Thanks Guys for your support. Just got my rubber mallet to the body work and can now get my small finger between the tyre and the wheel arch so looking better albeit i've cracked some of the paintwork. Sadly no cctv where I parked because it was the most furthest point from the supermarket with no cars around... the sort of place your missus moans becuase it is so far away from anywhere... Somebody did it deliberately. My van is like one of my children and feel pig sick.hey ho though off to France tomorrow... hope the french rain is different to english!

I only have about 2mm clearence and have been running like that for 2 half years now. Shouldn't be a prob for you.
Have a great time in France, we went last year in our van and it was fantastic! Take some pics and post em up when you get back. :wink:

Dont want to put a dampner on things but the parents have just came back from France and it rained for 12 out of 14 days they were there, they got back on Saturday morning so make sure your wipers work!

enjoy your trip fella and get it sorted on your return, and dont patronise the supermarket again ... well not in the van atleast....

WHS^^

I used to drive my oval to the supermarket now and again, but park on the far end of the (always empty) car park -
when I returned there would be a car either side of me, every time, without fail.

Enjoy your trip :mrgreen:

Bad luck dude.ASs long as the wheels are straight and go round,don't let it spoil the roadtrip,have fun 8)

Park on the line! at the far end of any carpark. (but not so far away that nobody can see it for obvious reasons).

If a supermarket person challenges me for taking up two spaces I always say "If you paint the lines for the spaces wide enough apart for- an elderly person, her trolley and her car- I'll start parking in them".

That's bad luck, hope you've not been starring at it all holiday! :cry:

Aww gutted for you! :(

Take the advice above tho and go - it will calm ya nerves and you can take it out on the French!! :twisted:

Have fun....bring back some pics! :wink:

Earlybayers... just got back from France... plenty of rain.. van drove really well... although didn't like starting again after a journey, needed a couple of hours break before firing up again. Fuel usage was around 225 miles on a single tank which I thought wasn't too bad considering the van was well loaded up... 3 kids.. 2 adults... a huge stack of camping gear... loads of booze on the return journey... how it kept going I really don't know. Missus keen to crack Italy in July/August... will research. Anyway, thanks for all your supportive comments.. I'll get the van looked at soon but essentially she performed exceptionally well. If anyone wants the details of a good cheap 'family' camp site not too far from calais (75 miles south - Normandy) please let me know.
Cheers, Kevan

if it aint rubbin, you aint dubbin. knock it back in mate. the closer the better. tesco's near me is a shocker for trollies being left all over the place i alway park miles away from the non car lovin folk

Latest posts