speaker set

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimthebin

Reaction score
hello all

not really tech but don't know where else to put it i am looking for a reasonably priced set of speakers that will fit an early bay

i am not looking for anthing flash

also where are the best places to situate the speakers?

i don't really want to cut my doors cards though

many thanks

jimthebin

I found some cheap speakers on offer in Halfords. Every now and then they do a clear out. I have some 4" ish Sony items in the front kick panels, these cost under £15. Out back i have some slightly chavy ripspeed 6x9's, they were £20. Keep an eye out for sales and internet deals.

im going for 6 1/4 components in the kick panels, 6x9s in sealed boxes in the back, and a 12" sub in the buddy seat

ebays always a good bet, or try mags like fast car/max power for cheap car audio mail order ads

You could get 4 or 5" speakers in your door. I've fitted a fair few sets by cutting the cardboard/ply door card but leave the material.
The sound isn't really affected (your not going to notice with engine/wind noise anyway!)

To complement these you could do with a pair of 6x9s, we usually fit these in the kick panel on the rock and roll bed.

Fli do a good range of speakers for not much wonga at all.

Personally I'm somehow going to try and cram a fusion headunit, 2 fusion 6x9s, 2 13cm Infinitys and a JBL basstube in my single cab!

Latest posts