Spring plates

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scuba bug

Reaction score
Howdy
I have issues with getting my rear wheels on and off due to it being lowered. The bus had been
lowered when I got it and is on horseshoe plates bit I don't know if the torsion bars have been turned. I have swapped the spring plates for adjustable ones and have removed the horseshoes. I thought that by having the adjustable plates and taking the bottom shocker bolt out id be able to drop the suspension when changing wheels, however, there doesn't seem to be enough movement imin the drive shafts to let the hub drop down any further than before!! It's only mildly lowered, so I'm not sure what the problem is? Any advice would be great!

Ta

The problem will be all the resistance in the bushes / pivot points. You've taken the right steps, but sometimes the hub assembly will need a little persuasion to lower it down until the spring plate rests on the little notch on the chassis.

Moseley,
Thanks for the reply, by persuasion, do you mean pulling the assembly downwards or levering it with a length of wood, or something more extreme as I couldn't get much movement by pulling it?

Release the handbrake, it should drop down much easier then.

I presume you have undone the clamp bolt or whatever you wish to call it on the spring plates?

Sent from my Siswoo C55 using Tapatalk

Scuba bug said:
Moseley,
Thanks for the reply, by persuasion, do you mean pulling the assembly downwards or levering it with a length of wood, or something more extreme as I couldn't get much movement by pulling it?

A big metal bar usually does the trick :D

rlepecha said:
Release the handbrake, it should drop down much easier then.

I presume you have undone the clamp bolt or whatever you wish to call it on the spring plates?

Sent from my Siswoo C55 using Tapatalk

Yes mate, it drops a bit but not as much as I thought?

creationblue said:
Scuba bug said:
Moseley,

A big metal bar usually does the trick :D

I'll have a go with my pry bar later, thanks for the advice!

Latest posts