Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creationblue said:
002-15.jpg

I likey :D

Just

Awesome. Lovely looking westy evo.
I think you should lower it a tad more..... just grin at the wife and kids when it scraps/bottoms out...that's what I do!

mister said:
creationblue said:
002-15.jpg

I likey :D

Just

Awesome. Lovely looking westy evo.
I think you should lower it a tad more..... just grin at the wife and kids when it scraps/bottoms out...that's what I do!

Thanks fella, I dont need much encouragement :lol: its in hand ;)

MatMatz have done a fine job, really finishes of the interior, and this time has a mat for over the engine too. Pleased as punch :D

mat001.jpg

mat002.jpg

mat003.jpg

mat004.jpg

Just

Had the first long distance runout with the new interior/wheels today, and it went great. Engine feels real strong, loosening up nicely. Course now the speedo is miles out but 3600rpm was 67mph on the satnav, so glad I installed the tacho (speedo indicated 80+mph :lol: ).

All 3 kids now on the RNR and that was a success, Mrs enjoyed riding shotgun...........should be a good 2012 in the bus 8) I fitted self adhesive foam to all the cupboard doors, and the result is a much quieter ride with hardly any vibration, just the soundtrack of the motor to listen to. Dont flat 4s sound bloody great on song!!!!!!!

Got home and washed all the salt off, but forgot I dont have a poptop canvas and went a bit mad with the hose :lol: think the interior dried out b4 i put it to bed...........

Picked up a cab door scraper kit from C&C with shiny chrome at Dubfreeze today 8) so will look forward to fitting that when the bus comes back from the paint shop, NOT!!!! (should have be in this week but got delayed a week).

Just

Glad it all went well on the road test, be even better when the weather warms up!!
I've got some C&C scrapers to fit as well :roll:
That wishbone set up deffo seems the ticket mate.

r73 said:
Glad it all went well on the road test, be even better when the weather warms up!!
I've got some C&C scrapers to fit as well :roll:
That wishbone set up deffo seems the ticket mate.

lol im gonna bond the chrome part in place as that the fiddly bit and I dont think ill be taking it out again anytime soon :lol:

Yea the wishbone is a joy to drive, infact the bus felt right today...........except when we were sat at the top of the parking field ready to roll home..........and the motor just wouldnt catch! the longer it went on the more worried I got :lol: Think it was the cold and lack of chokes.........

Did you need to adjust the tracking when you dropped the front??

r73 said:
Did you need to adjust the tracking when you dropped the front??

Only dropped it an inch or do and didn't give the tracking a thought. Prob worth while getting it done tho

Just thought of it. Cos I'm more than likely going back to standard balljoints and will have to get mine done again :(
Yours looks lower than that but I guess you've lost some on the tyres as well?

Lovely bus just getting lovelier, I'm very jealous 8)

creationblue said:
Think it was the cold and lack of chokes.........

No chokes on webers shouldn't be a prob. Prime the motor with 1-3 pumps on the pedal (work out how many yours likes) then feet clear and crank it over. Should catch first time if your carbs are set up right. Then hold it on fast idle for about 30 secs and all good - sounds a hassle but fire it up before you put your belt on, sort out the stereo, etc and you'll find it takes no longer than normal :D

Geeze said:
Lovely bus just getting lovelier, I'm very jealous 8)

creationblue said:
Think it was the cold and lack of chokes.........

No chokes on webers shouldn't be a prob. Prime the motor with 1-3 pumps on the pedal (work out how many yours likes) then feet clear and crank it over. Should catch first time if your carbs are set up right. Then hold it on fast idle for about 30 secs and all good - sounds a hassle but fire it up before you put your belt on, sort out the stereo, etc and you'll find it takes no longer than normal :D

Well normally i start it straight from the garage and it takes ages to get the fuel to the carbs with mech pump when not used for a few weeks then fires 1st time every time, but on the way home it fired every turn of the key but not enough to run :? but then its not quite a year old and havnt used it in the cold before, so ill take that on board and try next time. :D cheers

r73 said:
Just thought of it. Cos I'm more than likely going back to standard balljoints and will have to get mine done again :(
Yours looks lower than that but I guess you've lost some on the tyres as well?

Yea the tyres are way smaller, thats where most of the inches have gone, so even tho the bus is nearer terra firma there is a bit more space between tyre and arch.

Whats your plans with the front then?

I think stock suspension for this season, boring I know but there was too many beach car parks We grounded out on, and I feel guilty for causing damage to what was a mint beam!
Mine did the same as yours in the cold with twin 36's until I put an electric pump on now it's fine even started ok in minus 8!!!

r73 said:
I think stock suspension for this season, boring I know but there was too many beach car parks We grounded out on, and I feel guilty for causing damage to what was a mint beam!
Mine did the same as yours in the cold with twin 36's until I put an electric pump on now it's fine even started ok in minus 8!!!

Good ideal ill look into that. Look forward to seeing the pics when your back to stock 8)