Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
myvanway 69 said:
creationblue said:
A mate of mine covered this today with some material he had kicking around his workshop

011-9.jpg

013-7.jpg

Coming together nicely......

Did a deal with another mate for some cab seat frames and TMI covers.........

Next up roof getting some paint, and my cab doors being replaced and blended with some with no rust 8)

Just

Material colour is very authentic to the year of your BHY..!! ;)
Its very hard trying to find material that will match the original Mustard...I gave up and settled for a cream... for the time being!! Still got my original, v tired in places though.
Like the more practical interior. You have certainly put in the hours on your BHY!! 8)
Very impressive. :D

The buddy seat material was just an end of roll in my mates workshop that is kinda similar. The RnR material is as close as your gonna get to the original but has veins whereas the OG is smooth. Tidies it all up nicely tho, my old interior was very good indeed so I'm keeping it so maybe one day it will make a return. In the meantime this is far better for us being a family of 5 8)

Just

Picked this up over the weekend, a nice dry delux door, will be preped up and going on this week along with the offside one.....

DOOR.jpg

Just

Just sat and read through the whole thread, brilliant, love the van and love some of the stuff you've done with it.
Where did you get your U.S style number plates from, I need to change mine currently running horrible plastic things?

Busman73 said:
Just sat and read through the whole thread, brilliant, love the van and love some of the stuff you've done with it.
Where did you get your U.S style number plates from, I need to change mine currently running horrible plastic things?

Hi. you must have been bored last night to read thru it all :lol: thanks fella!

The plates are from Craigplates thinking of getting some California ones....... :msn4:

Just

007-11.jpg

Off for some paint, then the fun begins, rebuilding the cab doors, fitting roof canvas.........joy :lol:

Hope the body works goin ok?

May I ask the profile of your front tyres on your Alloys?
Im going to change my rears, just dont know what to put on the front.
Cheerz.
Paul. :)

myvanway 69 said:

Cheerz.

Fronts are 165/50/15, may be a little small for you tho..............165/65s may well suit, but if your not carefull you will have to big a gap between tyre and arch................meaning much £££££s and time getting the stance right..........ask me how I know :lol:

Look back thru my thead and you will see the height of the van lowered on just 2.5" WagenWest spindles with 185/75/14 tyres.....

Just

Roof is in primer as are the cab doors, here he is all wrapped up

001-15.jpg

The roof is in its oG sun bleached paint, but cant really see as it wrapped

002-17.jpg

Where the rear roofrack section bolts to the roof there was some rust that needs a small plate.....

Meanwhile I have some springs snapped in the drivers seat, so got this to play with...

004-14.jpg

Also as the garage is free, I got home from work, got the grinder out and started on the rivets on the Westy trailor, will get the marine ply sorted & cut over the weekend....

005-12.jpg

JUst

creationblue said:
myvanway 69 said:

Cheerz.

Fronts are 165/50/15, may be a little small for you tho..............165/65s may well suit, but if your not carefull you will have to big a gap between tyre and arch................meaning much £££££s and time getting the stance right..........ask me how I know :lol:

Look back thru my thead and you will see the height of the van lowered on just 2.5" WagenWest spindles with 185/75/14 tyres.....

Just

Right, checked the pics out of your whitewalls and they look bout same size as mine?!
did they scrub at all!?
Im thinking of getting shot of the Steel sprint wheels and just dropping her a bit on spindles......but I want to keep the whitewalls if poss!! :?
Yours looked bang on!! 8)

myvanway 69 said:
creationblue said:
myvanway 69 said:

Cheerz.

Just

Right, checked the pics out of your whitewalls and they look bout same size as mine?!
did they scrub at all!?
Im thinking of getting shot of the Steel sprint wheels and just dropping her a bit on spindles......but I want to keep the whitewalls if poss!! :?

standard size is 185r14 which equates to 185 82ish 14 transporterhaus dropped spindles you will need 185 60 14 or 175 55 15 or pretty close to those sizes.

wagenswest spindles will not drop the front as much (about an inch or so less)

exciting stuff Just, bet you cant wait to see the new / blended paint 8)

r73 said:
myvanway 69 said:
creationblue said:

Just

did they scrub at all!?

standard size is 185r14 which equates to 185 82ish 14 transporterhaus dropped spindles you will need 185 60 14 or 175 55 15 or pretty close to those sizes.

wagenswest spindles will not drop the front as much (about an inch or so less)

I've got some WagenWest spindles for sale in a month or so.
Blatant plug. :D

Sorry chaps, as you were.... ;)

wagenswest spindles will not drop the front as much (about an inch or so less)[/quote]

I've got some WagenWest spindles for sale in a month or so.
Blatant plug. :D

Sorry chaps, as you were.... ;)[/quote]

:lol: :lol:..........and i'll have some dropped spindles for sale as well :lol:

Whilst the bus is away, im using the space to strip the trailor

018-2.jpg

Decided to paint the frame, so out came the grinder.....

019-3.jpg

All nice and shiny.

Ply being picked up Wednesday, so try and get the rest of the frame preped and painted this week, then reassemble over the weekend..........well thats the plan :lol:

Just

creationblue said:
ooro said:
is there no end to your talents Just?

You too kind Steve :oops: Im just to tight to pay someone else :lol:

Just

you and me both fella......get grubby i say and have a go at least, what harm can it do?? he says plunging off a cliff after brake failure....

ooro said:
creationblue said:
ooro said:
is there no end to your talents Just?

You too kind Steve :oops: Im just to tight to pay someone else :lol:

Just

you and me both fella......get grubby i say and have a go at least, what harm can it do?? he says plunging off a cliff after brake failure....

:lol: I just had a call from the garage, your doors are ready do you want us to rebuild them?.........I should have said yes and saved a bitch of a job............i said no, im picking them up tomorrow :roll:

Latest posts