Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the rears on today 8) 185/65/15 cant get a knats bollock between the arch and the tyre :lol:

Pics are crap as it was dark........

003-16.jpg

004-12.jpg

Just

Not as nice as the steels dood, sorry :oops:

Had a little test ride, all good I must say, not sure I should go down further on the front as will be 5 up most of the time and dont wanna be rubbin, see how it goes tho...... funny cause I can now just about see over the bus with the front down :lol:

004-13.jpg

002-15.jpg

I likey :D

Just

aogrady said:
Looks very smart now Just, nice work.

Guess it'll need tubs if it's any lower or it'll rub?

What paint you having done?

Alistair

There is plenty of room with the tiny tyres so no need to tub.

As for the paint the front 2" of the gutters has some surface rust as do a few scratches on the roof so getting it blasted n painted before it gets bad. At the same time my doors need sorting as they are gone on the bottom of the return and they need scrapers so rust free ones are being prepped.

I wasn't too sure at first :? as I'm not a fan of the wide5 alloys but yours is one of the exceptions 8)
they set your Bus off a treat. :)

terrier man said:
I wasn't too sure at first :? as I'm not a fan of the wide5 alloys but yours is one of the exceptions 8)
they set your Bus off a treat. :)

Thanks Brett I was never a fan of alloys either, but fancied something different (different for me anyway) and I'm quite happy with the look. Could have been an expensive failure tho as the Bridgestones arnt cheap :msn4:

A few more jobs this avo

001-14.jpg

Need covering but does the job.

Off with the poptop canvas, a zillion staples removed :lol:

010-14.jpg

012-7.jpg

All so I can get the gutters tidied up before the surface rust gets a bite

013-6.jpg

Then went out for a spin..............happy days

bus is looking bang tidy 8) I'm currently doing the same sort of thing myself regarding paint, my doors are all good but catching the rust on the gutters and just completed doing under the windscreen ;) me and the missus do all our own work 8) i weld and the missus preps, sprays and machine polishes shes dead handy like that :lol:

hhhmmmm i'm not sure about the alloys look cool but doesnt almost every bay have em on :| but your van you do what you want mate...me I've just got a set of 15" crows feet wrap in toyo proxes T1R's 8) hope to meet up sometimes be cool to see the vans together..we seem to go on holidays at the same time...you come down to Cornwall whilst I'm off up north :lol:

OLIVE-BAY said:
bus is looking bang tidy 8) I'm currently doing the same sort of thing myself regarding paint, my doors are all good but catching the rust on the gutters and just completed doing under the windscreen ;) me and the missus do all our own work 8) i weld and the missus preps, sprays and machine polishes shes dead handy like that :lol:

hhhmmmm i'm not sure about the alloys look cool but doesnt almost every bay have em on :| but your van you do what you want mate...me I've just got a set of 15" crows feet wrap in toyo proxes T1R's 8) hope to meet up sometimes be cool to see the vans together..we seem to go on holidays at the same time...you come down to Cornwall whilst I'm off up north :lol:

You and your mrs together on the bus :shock: mine hasn't noticed we got new wheels let alone get her interested to help :lol:

You not coming to the Bristol show this year?

Just

Tbh mate it's my mrs out there most weekend working on the van she inspires me to get out there too... I now she's a rare breed :lol: and I'm very lucky indeed 8)

Might come to the Bristol show the weather kinda put me off last year but was great to see loads of dubs 8) vw action is down here over Easter it looks good dunno if you've considered an Easter break the weather is always fine down here over Easter too :mrgreen:

OLIVE-BAY said:
Tbh mate it's my mrs out there most weekend working on the van she inspires me to get out there too... I now she's a rare breed :lol: and I'm very lucky indeed 8)

Might come to the Bristol show the weather kinda put me off last year but was great to see loads of dubs 8) vw action is down here over Easter it looks good dunno if you've considered an Easter break the weather is always fine down here over Easter too :mrgreen:

Bristol Volksfest has changed format slightly, they've moved the showground and camping areas around and are going to be using the sheds/barns a bit more this year 'cos of last years almost washout.

But don't tell everyone, it's supposed to be a secret.... ;)