Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought this, picking it up Saturday..................another project :D

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

photo4.jpg

Its a Chateau Mobile cira '68, need a little work but will be great for the 5 of us 8)

YES BOY!!!! 8)
That is the NUTS....
Saw a real nice one at vanfest last year, they look super sweet...in the right hands!! ;)
If its anything like the trailer that you restored it will be awesome. :D

Just need a crystal ball and a load of lucky heather!!! :lol:
Looking forward to updates!! :D

that pop up trailer tent looks like a fun bit of kit...looks heavy tho :?: guess its all different if you have young uns...we are all about light weight (excluding my fat arse!!)...out with our heavy westy interior soon in with a light weight version that will function better for just the two of us...the missus hates the westy wardrobe blocking the window :roll: as for our kids....well hell they just follow in their own dubs :lol: 8)

looking good dude keep it evolving

Darren

myvanway 69 said:
YES BOY!!!! 8)
That is the NUTS....
Saw a real nice one at vanfest last year, they look super sweet...in the right hands!! ;)
If its anything like the trailer that you restored it will be awesome. :D

Just need a crystal ball and a load of lucky heather!!! :lol:
Looking forward to updates!! :D

:D ill will have it back at mine Sunday...........watch this space

OLIVE-BAY said:
that pop up trailer tent looks like a fun bit of kit...looks heavy tho :?: guess its all different if you have young uns...we are all about light weight (excluding my fat arse!!)...out with our heavy westy interior soon in with a light weight version that will function better for just the two of us...the missus hates the westy wardrobe blocking the window :roll: as for our kids....well hell they just follow in their own dubs :lol: 8)

looking good dude keep it evolving

Darren

The towing weight is 260kgs, so pretty light really, the Westy trailer with awning and camping gear cant be much lighter...........the Chateau being just a bed on wheels is great for us as the camper has the inbuilt hob, fridge, sink ect so pointless towing all that gear around in a better equipped trailer........Well thats the plan anyway.......you know me for chopping and changing ;)

Just

That looks really cool Just, look forward to seeing this at a show in the summer.

Glad you all approve 8) It was an ebay find, only a handfull about these days and got it for a good price as it needs some TLC, mate of mine is going down to Lands End tomorrow to get some MG Bumpers for his project so I loaned him my truck and he is swinging past St Austell on the way back up...........saved me a job and the hastle 8) (not to mention its Callums 4th B'day)

The ouriggers need a coat of paint and the indicator lens is missing one side. The Canvas has a few holes so Ill be pegging down a tarp over the canvas for now (Kingswood Canvas are local to me so ill price up a replacement). The wood panels will need a rubdown and a few coats of varnish, oh and will need some tyres and im sure ill paint the rimz and replace the chrome hub caps...........should be finished by next weekend :lol:

Just

creationblue said:
Glad you all approve 8) It was an ebay find, only a handfull about these days and got it for a good price as it needs some TLC, mate of mine is going down to Lands End tomorrow to get some MG Bumpers for his project so I loaned him my truck and he is swinging past St Austell on the way back up...........saved me a job and the hastle 8) (not to mention its Callums 4th B'day)

The ouriggers need a coat of paint and the indicator lens is missing one side. The Canvas has a few holes so Ill be pegging down a tarp over the canvas for now (Kingswood Canvas are local to me so ill price up a replacement). The wood panels will need a rubdown and a few coats of varnish, oh and will need some tyres and im sure ill paint the rimz and replace the chrome hub caps...........should be finished by next weekend :lol:

Just

No pop rivets needed then!! ;) :lol:

My mate dropped the trailer home today, put it up, hoovered it out and gave it a bloody good clean inside...............need to replace the foam matrases, and washed the hamocks tho these look new just a bit grubby, did some repairs to one of the piano hinges as the screws had pulled thru, and gonna get a quote this week for a new canvas...........The corner jacks need some paint and a small repair on one of them, the alloy painted body could do with a t-cut and maybe a rubdown, needs tyres, chrome hubcaps, and some rubber seals.................

028-2.jpg

029-4.jpg

026-3.jpg

027-3.jpg

Let the fun begin :lol:

Latest posts