Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creationblue said:
The Chateau is in for a new axle, noticed it had a bit of a limp one side, turned out to be a shot rubber suspension bush that isnt servicable :? On the upside the trailer was cheap enough and I will have new brakes, worth it for piece of mind alone.....not sure if it will be back in time for Vanwest tho ........

The Chateau is up for sale..................I have been offered another, I would have been rude to turn it down :lol: Check out for sale thread.

Just

Went to Shrewsbury this morning and picked up Chateau parx deux! Towed back perfectly, ready for Vanwest 8)

The old couple selling it left all the old 70s camping gear in it too, not had chance to get everything out yet but there looks some cool stuff in there which is a bonus 8)

Bus went to the work shop Tuesday for some touch up, picked it up yesterday in monsson conditions, and the door seals and scrapers dont leak yay 8)

002-24.jpg

003-24.jpg

Looking good in that puddle reflection!! 8)

Have you always been into trailers?

OSullivan said:
Looking good in that puddle reflection!! 8)

Have you always been into trailers?

Trailers.........un...........no lol, 3 growing kids and a mountain of gear kinda makes it neccessary! I figured if i was going to have to tow a trailer for my gazibo ect I may as well tow a trailer tent 8)

Tho nearly bought a Westy lookalike the other week for £80, then though i need help :lol:

sparkywig said:
creationblue said:
Went to Shrewsbury this morning and picked up Chateau parx deux! Towed back perfectly, ready for Vanwest 8)

C'mon Just, you know the rules, where's the pics?

I know I slacked in the picture stakes! The old couple made me have tea and buscuits when I got there and tell me the history ect, I was in a rush and didnt have the heart to be rude :lol: Its nice OG condition tho..........all for a donation to the RNLI, how cool is that!

Sounds like you picked up a bargain mate. Hannah loves all the old camping gear, I'm sure she'll be well jealous at your hoard

sparkywig said:
creationblue said:
Tho nearly bought a Westy lookalike the other week for £80, then though i need help :lol:

Still for sale? :shock:

It was opposite Broadway House when i was down there the other week parked on the verge, gone the next day tho, if its there again tomorrow Ill give you a bell

67westy said:
Sounds like you picked up a bargain mate. Hannah loves all the old camping gear, I'm sure she'll be well jealous at your hoard

Yea im more excited about going thru it all that the trailer lol

creationblue said:
sparkywig said:
creationblue said:

Still for sale? :shock:

It was opposite Broadway House when i was down there the other week parked on the verge, gone the next day tho, if its there again tomorrow Ill give you a bell

Yes please. :)

creationblue said:

The old couple selling it left all the old 70s camping gear in it too, not had chance to get everything out yet but there looks some cool stuff in there which is a bonus 8)

Bus went to the work shop Tuesday for some touch up, picked it up yesterday in monsson conditions, and the door seals and scrapers dont leak yay 8)

002-24.jpg

003-24.jpg

Bus is looking sweet, reckon you could get a PA in the trailer? Or at least a cheeky supplementary bass system ;)

Hey Buss

Ide love to pack my SL1210s in the back and DJ out of the Chateau.............watch this space

Hey Rob yea things worked out well with this Chateau, they contacted me asking if I would like it ect 8) My mate is having the other once the axle is done

That looks a minter Just, 8) thinking of taking my Camp-Let to Camper Jam but think the pitch might be too small as it has a footprint of 6m x 4m & thats without the sun canopy & windbreaks. :?

terrier man said:
That looks a minter Just, 8) thinking of taking my Camp-Let to Camper Jam but think the pitch might be too small as it has a footprint of 6m x 4m & thats without the sun canopy & windbreaks. :?

The pitches at CJ are tiny. It was lucky last year that there was only 7 of us in an area for 12 (or there abouts) cause otherwise it would have been tight! If I take the CM this year Ill prob have to camp in general where you can spread out......

Tried to do the final snags this weekend before Vanwest next weekend (which is now off), to do this i delayed my weekend trip away by a day as it was going to rain today (Monday, which it did :roll: )...........all in vain but heyho!

Cleaned the on-board water tank with some chemicals, then forgot to empty it before we went away, so spent yesterday worrying that it could leak 2 gallons of water into the bus floor............luckily the drain valve/pump dont leak :lol:

001-21.jpg

Didnt want to drill a hole in the floor for the waste so used the spare wheel cupboard for the waste container that fits perfectly 8)

002-25.jpg

Then got the CM out and gave it a T-cut and tried & tested it

003-25.jpg

004-22.jpg

Canvas all good

005-20.jpg

006-18.jpg

All ready for the next show................not next weekend tho............dissapointed to say the least!

Just

Latest posts