Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
r73 said:
Man, all that hard work has well paid off,
Its all looking mint 8)

Its not that mint Rob, but has been blood hard work! And for a 43yo (tomorrow) im happy enough. 43 is the bus not me :lol:

Nice job on the gutters.Mine could do with a bit of that!Good work on the trailer that man!

Looking nice and shiny there mate colour on the door looks like a really good match

creationblue said:
r73 said:
Its all looking mint 8)

Its not that mint Rob, but has been blood hard work! And for a 43yo (tomorrow) im happy enough. 43 is the bus not me :lol:

:lol: :party0003:

Im a pit peeved about the doors not matching, but then it was all a rush in the end, and that was my fault. Paint does look a bloody good match tho, just need some door cards.

Must say the work was done by The Old Dub Shop, thought it only fair to plug them for their efforts....

Just

creationblue said:
r73 said:
Its all looking mint 8)

why whats the problem with 43 :cry: :lol:
doors looking good just 8)
i thought the trailer looked ok before :roll:

shaun

Cheers wig i knew you would back me up against these youngsters :roll:

is that right about bits falling off at 43 :?: :shock: :? :( :msn4:

Poptop canvas attempt #1 fail #1 :lol:

Got it attached to the bus perfectly with alloy trim in place, started at the back in the centre and worked to the front only to find it wouldn't stretch up to the corners on the rear area so off it came to attempt to staple the top on 1st then attach it to the bus, but it pissed down, try again tomorrow.........I wasn't looking forward to this job, at least the ciders are cold!

Oh before that I fitted the conti bed brackets to the roof, a job I've been meaning to do for years. Now I can hang it from the roof giving us more head room when the top is up yay 8)

Poptop canvas attempt #2...............

This method didnt work for me

002-20.jpg

Had a rethink and attached the top first, started at the rear and did a side at a time and finished off at the front, the canvas was so tight, im not really happy and will email them explaining that it needs to be bigger! Anyway, the result is OK just a bitch to fit :evil:

007-14.jpg

008-14.jpg

009-13.jpg

Had the fringe trim in the garage for absolutly ages, so fitted that too

Then the bed goes in with hinge brackets that I had never bothered to fit before

010-16.jpg

011-11.jpg

And it makes all the difference in the beds function

012-9.jpg

Im pleased with the mornings work, not particularly difficult but not helped by a canvas that could have been made an incg or so larger.

Just

creationblue said:
Poptop canvas attempt #2...............

This method didnt work for me

002-20.jpg

Had a rethink and attached the top first, started at the rear and did a side at a time and finished off at the front, the canvas was so tight, im not really happy and will email them explaining that it needs to be bigger! Anyway, the result is OK just a bitch to fit :evil:

007-14.jpg

008-14.jpg

009-13.jpg

Had the fringe trim in the garage for absolutly ages, so fitted that too

Then the bed goes in with hinge brackets that I had never bothered to fit before

010-16.jpg

011-11.jpg

And it makes all the difference in the beds function

012-9.jpg

Im pleased with the mornings work, not particularly difficult but not helped by a canvas that could have been made an incg or so larger.

Just

You have been putting the hours in bro........well worth it though lookin goooood! 8)

I popped by Madmatz at the weekend and got there last piece of OG westy vinyl. :D
Mark is making OG looking rubber matz now. Think he is taking some to volksword show at weekend.
check em out if you go.

Thats pretty cool, a lino mat 8) Whilst I was looking to do my floor there were a few grey fleck linos that would pass off as OG, trouble was they needed ordering and I didnt have the time to wait. Tho the lino I took out is in great condition, and now safely in storage

Hi Just,

Good to see you got to canvas fitted OK. Looking good. 8)

You've certainly been busy this winter. :shock: Liking what you've done with your trailer.

Si

Latest posts