Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice....just needs a rack now! :msn4: :lol:

creationblue said:
OK, Back to basics me thinks...................Up goes the front (38mm to be precise) and on with some big tyres 8) I love a change me :lol: Nearly fell out of the thing! recon its gone up a good 5 inches

004-28.jpg

005-26.jpg

007-23.jpg
8)

Hey Just,

What profile tyre's are you running on the stock steel's?? and duz it scrape the front inner arch at all??
I wanted to know if I could run dropspindles 3 1/2 inch drop with stock tyres but I dont want rubbing!!
Stiffening it up with adjustable shocks will help I guess.
I love the real white walls (California style) so dont want low profile tyres.

Cheers,
Paul.

wst2_zpsc521b32c.jpg
8)

myvanway 69 said:
creationblue said:
OK, Back to basics me thinks...................Up goes the front (38mm to be precise) and on with some big tyres 8) I love a change me :lol: Nearly fell out of the thing! recon its gone up a good 5 inches

004-28.jpg

005-26.jpg

007-23.jpg

Hey Just,

What profile tyre's are you running on the stock steel's?? and duz it scrape the front inner arch at all??
I wanted to know if I could run dropspindles 3 1/2 inch drop with stock tyres but I dont want rubbing!!
Stiffening it up with adjustable shocks will help I guess.
I love the real white walls (California style) so dont want low profile tyres.

Cheers,
Paul.

NO! You can't run stock tyres with dropped spindles - that was the reason I sold my spindles :(
Bus looks great BTW Just :D

NO! You can't run stock tyres with dropped spindles - that was the reason I sold my spindles :(
Bus looks great BTW Just :D[/quote]

Full on air ride it is then!! :lol:
I love this stance, not OTT and looks drivable. 8)

myvanway 69 said:

Paul

Mine are 185/75/R14 straight from the US,

You can run with dropped spindles without any rubbage at all and still use standard shocks too........

Picture066.jpg

Just make sure they are WagenWest and not TH ones, the WW are only 2.5" and I ran that for a year or so without any kind of problem, the problem is when you go the extra inch, it just isnt worth the hastle IMO

Just

Bit of an update, thanks to Bundy I have working side markers, the n/s was missing a lamp holder, so now wired in with new lamps

109.jpg

112.jpg

8)

Made up a relay box to supply the Huco fuel pump

101.jpg

102.jpg

Nice and neat

103.jpg

Need to empty the tank a little before fitment, another trip or two should sort that :lol:

creationblue said:
myvanway 69 said:

Paul

Mine are 185/75/R14 straight from the US,

You can run with dropped spindles without any rubbage at all and still use standard shocks too........

Picture066.jpg

Just make sure they are WagenWest and not TH ones, the WW are only 2.5" and I ran that for a year or so without any kind of problem, the problem is when you go the extra inch, it just isnt worth the hastle IMO

Just

Sorry, yeah I assumed you meant TH ones - 185 R14 work out at about 185/85 I think??
Whitewalls do suit the bus well 8)

Latest posts