Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate 8)

Not ran the two-tone wheels with centres before so its a new twist on an old flavour, roll on Busfest

creationblue said:
Just wired the CB in, took a feed from the aux fuse box under the sink that runs off the LB twig is mag mount on the roof

Daft question.....how did you get the cable from the mag mount on your luggage rack into the cab?

Planning on installing my midland setup but can't work out best route for cable!

lard said:
creationblue said:
Just wired the CB in, took a feed from the aux fuse box under the sink that runs off the LB twig is mag mount on the roof

Daft question.....how did you get the cable from the mag mount on your luggage rack into the cab?

Planning on installing my midland setup but can't work out best route for cable!

I ran it Zig-Zag style through the roof canvas and down the inside of the poptop, only temp for now as the cable was to short :roll: but thats the easiest way without drilling the roof

ah cool cheers - have been contemplating for months and best so far I came up with was to gutter mount it about the door and run it in via the door and hope the seals protect it enough when the doors shut - doesn't help that for the life of me I can't find a cable run up to the roof from within the van, anywhere other than the front posts :(

I ran the cable along the gutter inside the poptop and in thru the door, but the cable soon broke where the door shuts on it and it also didn't do the seal much good either

creationblue said:
I ran the cable along the gutter inside the poptop and in thru the door, but the cable soon broke where the door shuts on it and it also didn't do the seal much good either

ah cheers, won't attempt it then!

Have been thinking more on it though - whilst I like the mag mounts, perhaps an aerial that replaces the OG one, then using a splitter to get FM and CB from the same one?

http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/switches-filters/rm-dx27-cb-radio-car-stereo-antenna-splitter.html

Just read most of your thread last night , the title "Spring Valley Bus" caught my attention , Spring Valley is only a few minutes from where I live.
Very nice bus you have there.

ib-bus said:
Just read most of your thread last night , the title "Spring Valley Bus" caught my attention , Spring Valley is only a few minutes from where I live.
Very nice bus you have there.

Thats great, it came from 1815 Sweetwater Rd, if your ever passing tell Horton Everett its in safe hands 8) Gacias senor

Just

Tonights addition

004-30.jpg

007-24.jpg

005-28.jpg

Went in and got every gear 1st time :shock: now thats a shock!

Gear change really is as good as it looks, well pleased

Just

Latest posts