Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you got them working...looks much cooler at night with them on!

Loving the overkill on the relay box...quality work ;)

A few other jobs this weekend, inbetween camping at the Tudor Arms campsite nr Berkeley in Gloucestershire 8)

The unit needed a vent to let the hot air escape that is produced by the fridge pack.

Before

002-37.jpg

After

003-37.jpg

Then fitted the fuel pump, I had not been looking forward to this, but had a free afternoon and the fuel guage was near empty.......It took a lot of work as it goes. I mounted the pump above the gearbox, its a suction type so needs to be as close to the fuel tank as possible. Once fitted I replaced the fuel lines and filters and then wired in my relay box and tidied up the wires and got rid of the mech pump. The relays only allows the pump to run when either the started solenoid is energised (so that it will prime the carbs if the floats are empty), and when the alternator light goes off, meaning the engine must be running. So if the engine stops even if the ignition is on the pump will be off.

020-8.jpg

mech pump blanked off

021-6.jpg

Relays in the box in the corner

022-7.jpg

019-6.jpg

I found a aerial that fits the front bulge at last :D I had to use the original chrome piece as it was a better fit in the now out of shape hole, taken me ages to find one that is the correct size!

023-6.jpg

german camper company if anyone is interested

Just

creationblue said:
It arrive today in the pouring rain, infact it probably saw more rain today than the last decade in CA :lol:

Picture005.jpg

So, Californian specification, 1968~79 VW Type 2s, didn't have a rear-window wiper system!?!

Rear-window wiper, five ghost images

Rear-Wiper-Ghost.jpg

Rear-window wiper poster

Rear-Wiper-1.jpg

Shorty said:
You've done it now! Creationblue will be straight out to buy one of those! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It took me enough trouble to find one in 1989/90, and I knew what I was looking for and where I was likely to find one or more! They are probably even more of a rarity now!?!

360682.jpg

Might know summat... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ride height needs a tweek obviously

A3489428-904E-48FF-B273-7864BD2602E5-1071-00000043EDF6624A.jpg

But you get the idea, n/s front still to do when the snow clears, gone for van rated tyres this time 8)

Managed to get a look with it out the garage, Ive been confined to working in 18" of space lately :lol:

005-31_zpsf703951a.jpg

003-38_zps1ffe884c.jpg

Ive gone for Continental Vanco tyres in 195/70/15 rear & 185/60/15 fronts with reinforced sidewalls, ill let you know how it drives...........

Latest posts