Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I liked them too, that was an old picture from about 5yrs ago, they will make an appearance again one day but for now I'm sticking with the teledials.

Got the van back home today, the engine felt really strong and smooth with no flat spots or hesitations. The gearbox front mount was found to be loose so now the Geneberg shifter feels more like it did when I first installed it and no longer rattles in 4th. The gearbox actually now holds its oil so sounded quieter too.

I drove home with the lights on just to test the alternator and that was cold when I got home and gave out a constant 14v plus, so another tick in the box

It now needs a good clean inside and out but that will have to wait for the spring!

Once home it got instroduced to its new housemate

A can of Snatch is winging its way to you Rob 8)

I fitted a small ACA tach to the steering column, not sure as it's a great position at knee level but we will see...

Top tip time. I've recently had an issue where previously leak free fuel lines have started to leak at the joints, not cool! After a bit of research I found this product, Hylotite Red, its fuel and oil resistant and cures like a silicon to stop leaks on joints 8)

Wow - justin - still running the engine - thats cool :) Rebuilt once or twice though!

Did you ever see this video of it!?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0iH4cG-cHM[/youtube]

Hi Mike

Still persevering mate! Found my inlets are leaking today, another job not done well :evil: ! So off with the carbs on Thursday and helicoil the threads, if only these things were done properly the first time!!

I feel I'm close to having it running sweetly at last tho. It pulls like a train and sounds so sweet, I saw your vid, in fact I think I've seen every picture and video on the net :lol:

nice one - bet it sounds good! where did you get those gauge holders from? i'll be looking for something similiar for my van. Liking the gene berg shifter aswell - i had one in my old split - very tempted for the new bay!