Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0146DAC5-4A88-4714-BA0B-FCED1629A2FD_zpsnwajlx4z.jpg
[/url]

This is where I tee'd off the balance tube between inlet tracks.

And here is the breather carb return

And the other side

I've not driven it yet but the corvair fellas say that's how it should be done, I know a couple on here have Vair engines so it may be of interest.

That all looks about right, from memory!
I'll have to remember to take some photos of mine...
Do give me a shout if you're passing Reading and want to take a look at anything :mrgreen:

Don't think we're going to make Busfest... :(
Have End Of The Road fest the weekend before, then hoping to do FNL in Cornwall the weekend after

A few jobs being done over the winter so time for a small update.

The 090 transmission has had a leak from the drive shafts for some time and seeing as my engine no longer (for now at least) leaks then it was time to get this job sorted, it took a few weeks to get the seals, but now that's ticked off the list, also it was found the front gearbox mount had worked itself loose..

I had some serious popping on overrun coming out of the chevy, I pinpointed it to a blown diaphragm in the vacuum can on the side of the distributor, whilst I got a replacement easily enough it didn't cure the problem. Luckily it was found that a leaky jet on the ICTs was the culprit and an easy fix 8)

Next up was the rear drums, my handbrake once adjusted would never hold for more than a few days, once off and on closer inspection it was found that although the pads had seen better days someone had turned down the inner face meaning the adjusters were at full lock

replacements will out last me :D

I thought it better for the handbrake cable to sit underneath the arm rather than through the hole as it gives it a better angle.

Next up to change the front brake flexi's as I'm getting a slight drag at times on the nearside disc and I thing the rubber hose might have collapsed on the inside.

And finally for 2017 steel wheels are making a comeback 8) :msn4:

This pic is from a few years ago, but I'm hankering after my steels :fyou:

creationblue said:
A few jobs being done over the winter so time for a small update.

The 090 transmission has had a leak from the drive shafts for some time and seeing as my engine no longer (for now at least) leaks then it was time to get this job sorted, it took a few weeks to get the seals, but now that's ticked off the list, also it was found the front gearbox mount had worked itself loose..

I had some serious popping on overrun coming out of the chevy, I pinpointed it to a blown diaphragm in the vacuum can on the side of the distributor, whilst I got a replacement easily enough it didn't cure the problem. Luckily it was found that a leaky jet on the ICTs was the culprit and an easy fix 8)

Next up was the rear drums, my handbrake once adjusted would never hold for more than a few days, once off and on closer inspection it was found that although the pads had seen better days someone had turned down the inner face meaning the adjusters were at full lock

replacements will out last me :D

I thought it better for the handbrake cable to sit underneath the arm rather than through the hole as it gives it a better angle.

Next up to change the front brake flexi's as I'm getting a slight drag at times on the nearside disc and I thing the rubber hose might have collapsed on the inside.

And finally for 2017 steel wheels are making a comeback 8) :msn4:

This pic is from a few years ago, but I'm hankering after my steels :fyou:

Steels FTW :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Steels look great, the best wheels by far. Is that better? :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

creationblue said:
It arrive today in the pouring rain, infact it probably saw more rain today than the last decade in CA :lol:

Note the new roof canvass

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

I couldnt get the palm trees in on these shots!

CB 8)

That's an awesome looking bus you have there!

So just having the last of the issues sorted ready for this years adventures, the alternator has had issues since it was fitted, recently I was having fueling problems too, on testing the alt was giving out some AC to the battery which in hindsight must have been affecting the electric fuel pump, my local auto electrical co. stripped and rebuilt it and pointed out it needed an extra live feed unlike the VW system :msn4: so that wouldn't have helped :D

I have also lowered the rear to a useable level and leveled out the front too 8)

Next job is to upgrade the internal wiring to overcome some voltage drop issues.......

Latest posts