Stafford/ Midland Earlybayers help. another request

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Juan, I will pass the kind message on,

Ricky you are a gent thank you, will put a final update on tomorrow but meeting point and time will not change.

Hopefully everyone can still make it, if not let me know,

my number is 07753683713

Pete

Pete i`m unable to make it but i wish you all a very good day and i`m sure Gary will be well stoked........and enjoy the beers after too :lol:

ste ;)

Ok then folks,

postcode for sat navs is ST17 0UW this is the post code for the Barley Mo pub ( which is on the roundabout in the bottom picture ) but as you can see the car park is just down the road. The car park may be pay and display so have a couple of quid in change handy.

cc36df2b.jpg

5d076a61.jpg

Meet is 11am DONT FORGET THE CLOCKS GO BACK SATURDAY NIGHT :msn4:

I will be there from about 1040/1045

Hope you can still all make it, and anyone else who wants to come os more than welcome, looks like the weather will be ok

my number again 07753683713

Pete

Hi sorry I can't make it , my Mrs got wasted last night so have the kids and no rear seat in the bus , v sorry hope it goes well, steve

Right guys I just want to say thanks to everyone who gave their time to come out for this, it was a great day. I dont really know what to say about this communities generosity, top group of people great to meet you all. thanks again

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

Pete

It was a pleasure to help and meet you Pete, i won't duplicate the pictures but if anyone wants to see them they are here http://thelatebay.com/index.php?topic=4371.msg65803;topicseen#new" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (don't worry you won't catch ugly indicator disease if you come on our site lol) Rick.

Nice to meet you today Pete and everyone else! was a good turn out and well worth the ride out. It certainly bought a smile to his face, what a nice guy!
We wish him and his family all the very best
steve

Went well Pete! Good turn out & hopefully bought a smile to his face for an hour or so.. :D

Well done everyone :D
I'm from Manchester & was on my way to Roughly to view a T4 my mate was thinking of buying, as it happens we were behind a split on the country roads when it veered off on another lane, I looked to see where it was going & saw all the Bays & splits parked up.
Got me mate to turn round & we spent a quick 15 mins looking at the vans.. I did'nt realise this was the meet to cheers up Gary until I got home, full credit to everyone for showing up you should all feel proud of yourselves....

Andy

Good work guys. Glad it went well! :mrgreen:

Guys,

I just thought I would update this with the sad conclusion.

Gary died last thursday at a hospice in stafford. I did not know Gary and nether did any of the people who turned up to the event but I have had contact from Garys family to say how touched they were by everybody being so generous with their time to turn up to this event.

Apparently Gary talked about this event all the time and it always bought a smile to his face when times were tough, he never forgot it right up until the end.

Garys Funeral is next tuesday in Stafford, there may be a request to see if a couple of VWs could turn up to join the funeral cortege

Life in precious, and we are all guilty of moaning about things we really should not, I am worst than most, make the most of your time and get out in those buses.

Pete

Sad news, I couldn't make the meet as I didn't have a bus on the road at the time but are thoughts are with Gary's family. May be able to help out next week if needed depending on the time.

The funeral is on Tuesday 19th at Stafford Crematorium (Tixall Road, Stafford ST17 0X8) at 1430 hours. I dont know full details but the family would like to try to get a few vans to attend. Im not sure I can at the moment, anybody around that area free on tuesday to do a good deed.

Pete

Latest posts