starting problem

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boobiebus

Reaction score
having trouble starting on checking things around the engine i noticed the body was hot where the battery earth strap fixes anyone any ideas cheers steve

Sounds like you may have hit the nail on the head there, check and clean the strap for earth and check the other one from the box as well. If you think it`s the earth,, you could try a jump lead or two from the earth terminal on the battery to some nice earthing places on the chassis to help the earth strap, but only as a fault finder :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

cheers ozzie took strap off cleaned all connection fired up first turn abit rough but a least it will run to the garage this week for a good tune up cheers again steve

boobiebus said:
cheers ozzie took strap off cleaned all connection fired up first turn abit rough but a least it will run to the garage this week for a good tune up cheers again steve

Not another bloody Steve :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, (Steve as well) :lol:

Jumping on the back of an old thread here. If I park my wan on the drive, thats quite steep, back end down, when I first turn the key I get a bang from the engine. Then when I try again I have to keep key turned, and it can take ages to get her to slowly start turning over, and then starts, but needs a few min to clear. This only happens if on a hill facing upwards. Any ideas?

Does it make any difference if you have a full tank or a quarter of a tank ? Sounds like fuel starvation, possibly silt in tank, maybe fuel pressure so check pump, but it does sound a puzzler, water in tank poss ?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, That`ll keep me guessing :mrgreen:

more likly carb flooding,parked uphill so fuel tank higher than carb and this can cause a syphon effect if float needle valve in carb a bit weak.check for fuel in engine oil.bang can be fuel igniting in exhaust or intake as you can get a spark just turning ign on sometimes especally with electronic ign.

Latest posts