starting

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boobiebus

Reaction score
ive noticed when i start my bus it seems to struggles to turn over it dose start but seems to be hard work battery seems to be ok starter may be? any one else had same problem thanks steve

sometimes if there is no or little fuel being pumped through, it seems to turn over slower like its harder to turn over. just slightly depress the throttle when starting and see if the engine turn over speeds up.

I have no clue why this is but it happened on both my buses and I soon got used to it.

if that's not what it is, I'm sure someone with actual knowledge will be along shortly

ash

Have you checked your battery is fully charged up? Had same bother with mine this winter, thought the battery was fine but when I got round to testing it was pretty flat and not recharging. Took it out, charged it up, tightened up the alternator connections and been good since.

Mine was similar to this after a new engine build....felt like my battery was only giving half of what it should be.

Make sure your timing, points gap and carb settings are perfect. Checked this (mine was 180 out for the sake of this story) and it was like a completely different motor, started up straight away and has since :)

Latest posts