Steering column rattles

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bajalegend

Reaction score
Does anyone know what’s missing from the bottom of my steering column?

The column rattles inside the tube, as if there should be a bush or something at the base.

Maybe No 10 in the pic but not sure what it is.

Yes, I have 8 and 9. The bus came without 8 so that’s new. It did come with some other collar on top but was top this isn’t stock.

Never seen anything like it, maybe the previous owner fitted the collar to stop the rattles, you will need to fit every part on the diagram, remember this is quite a critical part so fit all the part to make sure your safe when driving, Not sure if you can purchase the bits you are missing, if not ask on here i'm sure someone will have them

Good Luck

Thanks vinvan.

If anyone has a photo of there’s and how it looks I may be able to figure it out.

Can’t find no 10 anywhere

Been doing a bit of searching for you, I think you are looking at the wrong drawing. Just found this on The Samba site and as you can see the part you are missing is not in the diagram, so it looks to me that you dont need it for an early bay, just had a look on my bus and i cant remember ever fitting one, remember there are lots of differences between buses so hopefully this has solved your problem

Latest posts