Stripped threads on one of my Webers !

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boatbuilder

Reaction score
I was attempting to balance my carbs (34 icts) at idle, using a Uni-syn gauge and noticed that on the right hand carb, the bracket that holds the hex link bar was wobbly. So, I investigated and discovered that the screws were loose. When I tried to tighten them, it seems that the threads have been stripped out of the carb cos they just turn but don't catch on anything.

What can I do to fix it? The linkage is all wobbly on that side so I can't really get the carbs to balance cos it keeps changing.

Forgive the link....
http://coolercasesuk.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1211

Helicoils. Afraid you need to remove the carb to pop these in, but it saves you drilling & tapping the next size up.

I believe CB performance supplies a type of air filter which also locates the ends of the hex bar too?? Not sure if this would be any help??.

I have just bought some ict's too and and cant seem to get full throttle operation with the bus pedal to the floor and the butterflies seem reluctant to snap shut even with the return spring fittted, my bus sounds/drives like a pile of crap right now, hope i can get it sorted somehow :(

Latest posts