Stu & Clare Present Murphy - Aircooled Campout 2020 Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for all the kind words fellas

Here is a video of Murphy taking on the tunnel in Monaco - at a little less than the 180 mph the F1 cars manage it

Stu,
Great pictures, lovely shots of France and it looks as if you both had a superb time. I chatted to Mr Gadget last week about your bus, and how cool it looks. Well done for uploading the pics, it's always good to read about other's experiences. Great tip on the tolls and overall costing's were good to know. Incidentally, I can see Murphy has been lowered slightly, but by how much 2"? :?:

LV 8)

LV - Gadget should be able to give you the exact specs as he set Murphy up for us (me). Being 6ft4 and 16 stone we needed the bus the roll well and be totally usable. Murphy is running a 4'' narrowed adjustable front beam from slamwerks and adjustable springplates on the rear incorporated with spax gas shocks for a more comfortable ride.

He is lowered more than 2'' although I have not carried out an accurate measurement compared to a standard ride height bus. Fits easily in my garage that has a 2m height clearance.

8)

Well done on a great looking trip, would love to do european trip but dont think i would do as much as you have. will show my partner your photos tonight and see if we can get some motivation to do something,
cheers Pete and Gail

Awsome trip, great pics 8)
I see you both are sleeping with your head at the rear hatch with the spare in place, isn't that tight?

So jealous of this.
In regards to the fuel cost, would you say it was worth it? Or would you have rather spent £750 on a hotel somewhere?

(I think I may know the answer to that)

Harry - Yep we both sleep heads to the rear of the bus, I get to cuddle the spare wheel! :lol: It feels tight for the first night but then we get used to it. It helps that Clare is only 5ft2 compared to my 6ft4 so I can steal a little more space!

Supertramp - Would rather pay the fuel any day of the week mate, although bear in mind this trip we did have a luxury 5* castle included as this was where our friends were getting married, and that cost about the same as the whole fuel cost for the entire trip! Expensive holiday when that was factored in however we will be doing it again next year (minus the castle :lol: ).

Its exactly why we got a bus - to travel and see new places. Average cost for a campsite including hookup was £18 a night so pretty good considering the facilities you had like Swimming pools/showers/wifi/shops etc.

Loved the trip just a shame I am back to work tomorrow!! :(

SuperTramp, just to reiterate Stu's comment re the average price of campsites. There is often a tiered price list through the summer months. some places have high/Low season, others have high/mid/low season, then others have 5 different prices depending on what week you are camping.

When we went last year we worked out that we saved about 10Euros/night by going from 15th-30th June than going un July/aug. thats 150Euro saving and we didnt scrimp on luxury, lol.

NaFe

Another fantastic part of owning an EarlyBay is the free car tax

Cant beat 12 months arriving in the post after a few clicks online!

Just renewed mine and put it in the bus

5jNFv.jpg

MOT next week and all is ready for Dubs @ The Castle!

It's amazing when you go to the post office and the staff ask why your smiling then they see the tax reminder :lol: :lol:

See you at the castle dude

Mark

Well as I was working all weekend at Waddington aishow and everyone else was enjoying Camperjam I decided to bodge up my goosed alternator and take the bus over to Waddo and camp out all weekend!

As its only 3 miles from my front door the journey was hardly epic but was a fair test for my damaged electrical generator.

Pics as always

Leaving for work Fri afternoon - crikey its been a hot one

On base

Aircraft arriving

At work

Our social area

Some aircraft shots

BBMF

Awesome Vulcan

Video of the Vulcan taking off - from my private viewing area

And one of it flying about

Dead Sparrows

Their signature

Blagged a day off today to recover - see you all in a couple of weeks at Dubs@TheCastle

Latest posts