Stu & Clare Present Murphy - Aircooled Campout 2020 Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stu in this photo :msn4:
CIMG3257.jpg

your "GO WESTY" sticker is one of the coolest additions I've seen on a westy. I love it. Can I copy please
ed917cde-03e2-4df7-96c6-70a38e03d1ae.jpg

dubscum said:
Stu in this photo :msn4:
CIMG3257.jpg

your "GO WESTY" sticker is one of the coolest additions I've seen on a westy. I love it. Can I copy please
ed917cde-03e2-4df7-96c6-70a38e03d1ae.jpg

HaHa - excellent mate, good to see you today at Stanford Hall

Dont mind whatsoever I got the sticker from the states with some other bits and pieces - here is the link

http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=4172&category_id=188&category_parent_id=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FredWesty would be very amusing though :lol:

Some pics from todays visit to Stanford Hall - Clare took them so apologies

Yhzgp.jpg

eTDLc.jpg

bTkHA.jpg

etsRg.jpg

w2iGE.jpg

ugeU3.jpg

Vodvx.jpg

KWE0S.jpg

iuwtN.jpg

YP38s.jpg

evZ0k.jpg

KbGCf.jpg

rKAQt.jpg

gbV2O.jpg

1JOo5.jpg

8d7DW.jpg

RivHd.jpg

42gxT.jpg

r30wF.jpg

pMOCw.jpg

B13qF.jpg

XxFa4.jpg

yPozI.jpg

OcKUP.jpg

pViUf.jpg

ER6yP.jpg

2QlnB.jpg

vHrMl.jpg

PEX6D.jpg

2R9pQ.jpg

C798l.jpg

WbO6H.jpg

tgYPl.jpg

LwSmk.jpg

kP13Q.jpg

EUOKR.jpg

4CNcn.jpg

bcXgG.jpg

zkWEM.jpg

Awesome day out and am now very sunburnt!

myvanway 69 said:
..........My face is sooooo sore too!!! :oops:

At Least you both got hair to protect your scalps!! :-| ......(note to ones self)...must remember to bring a sun hat for the future shows.

Stu, Clare ....safe journey guys....will be keeping tabs on your journey progress. Oh and Watch out for those traffic cones en-route, they hurt buses!! :-(

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Howie123 said:
Great pics :D
quick question, did the sound insulation make a notable difference?

Hi mate - surprisingly the sound insulation made a substantial difference. It actually made the bus faster as we could cruise at a higher speed without the engine noise becoming intrusive. A very good investment if you travel far in your bus.

Also made the speakers appear to perform better in the back with less rattles and vibration - a nice cheap improvement, just a shame they dont do the pads in white!

Paul/Foz thanks for the words of encouragement - pretty confident about our "Long Journey" now, Clare is insisting we also travel to Monaco as it is ONLY 5 hours drive from Gerona!!! So its looking like UK-FRANCE-SPAIN & ITALY will now be on our itinery. :lol:

Will keep everyone posted as to how we get on.

Face like a :oops: smacked arse :oops: today and my ears are peeling - awesome!

StuF said:
In preparation for Stanford Hall and next months trip to Spain I have decided to add some sound insulation.

Looked at several different types and went for this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220649059457?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its very adhesive and plastic backed so suited my needs.

Here are some pics

Before shot

Shot of the spare

Bed out for a clean

Heatgun for added moulding powers

Over engine

Under rock and roll bed

Also did inside the westie wardrobe

Back together

Havent been out for drive yet to test the difference but hope it will be significant.

See you peeps on sunday 8) Will be arriving around 10am

so what's the verdict fella????
this stuff any good??when the clan is with me my youngest wears ear defenders in the back due to the noise of engine accelerating :lol: was even worse when i had a quiet pack on it....does NOT do what it says on the tin!! :roll: :lol:
i am running everything stock,engine,brakes,ride height and steels but i left the footlocker door on the westy bed off on sunday(out on me own) to use the eberspacher i got fitted (first trial really since fitting)and the noise was mental,couldn't hear the radio with three speakers in the front!!!! :lol: :lol: so i'm after something like this.
do you only get one chance to fit this or can you adjust it if it is not quite sitting right??

regards.

sharky

:sick0019:

sharky71 said:
so what's the verdict fella????
this stuff any good??when the clan is with me my youngest wears ear defenders in the back due to the noise of engine accelerating :lol: was even worse when i had a quiet pack on it....does NOT do what it says on the tin!! :roll: :lol:
i am running everything stock,engine,brakes,ride height and steels but i left the footlocker door on the westy bed off on sunday(out on me own) to use the eberspacher i got fitted (first trial really since fitting)and the noise was mental,couldn't hear the radio with three speakers in the front!!!! :lol: :lol: so i'm after something like this.
do you only get one chance to fit this or can you adjust it if it is not quite sitting right??

regards.

sharky

:sick0019:

Sharky - it was well worth fitting mate, has reduced the vibration and engine noise significantly. Would perhaps do some more of the side panels to make it even more effective if I removed the interior however I dont think this would be necessary for me. Although after my 3000 mile plus trip in a couple of weeks I may be able to make an even more informed judgement.

You only get one chance to fit this stuff as it sticks like sh*t to the proverbial although it is easy to handle/cut and position before peeling off the sticky backed area.

For the price - I cant fault it.

Well in preparation for next weeks trip to Spain. I decided to fit a nice shiny new alternator strap replacing the jubilee clip that was doing the job currently.

Also pesonalised the inside of the rear hatch with some stickers from work and test loaded the "parcels" we are taking down for the bride and groom.

Here are some pics

The "Parcels"

yrSP5.jpg

Inside the engine lid

wNFck.jpg

Old Jubilee clip - to prevent the alternator vibrating

gY2h0.jpg

New stainless strap from Machine 7

2sm7N.jpg

Without strap installed

98J5B.jpg

In position

wO4qW.jpg

Oil bath filter removed for access

ewT52.jpg

Gratitous engine shot

R8hK4.jpg

Parcels test loaded

vtPFK.jpg

Not dropped too much

UapGL.jpg

nsQ1k.jpg

Bit of Ninove sticker action

TD2tR.jpg

UgmVR.jpg

Waxed the wheels ready for next week

OwAMI.jpg

CQJ4M.jpg

Cleaned the interior

OaxuR.jpg

Pic of our intended route - start the journey next sunday, hitting Calais monday morning - going to take Monaco in on the way back too.

RQuzf.jpg

Will post more pics when we get back! Should be a giggle :lol:

Stu,
This is one of my favourite threads. You bus looks the poodles. Your adding and refining to her all the time. Excellent work, great shots.
The trip to Spain looks wonderful. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

LV

Cheers for the kind words LV :D

Ash, I am an Armourer in the RAF mate (have been for 16.5 years now) so have access to all sorts of wonderful things that go bang! :msn4:

Gonna get some 1.1 High Explosive Hazard Div stickers to finish off the inside of the engine lid. 8) :shock: 8)

Well today did the last few jobs - fitted a mozzie screen that we got at BusFest last year, test fitted the OG Westie hammock and fixed a reluctant indicator.

Murphy is now brimmed with fuel, oil at the max, ready to rock and roll on Sunday.

OG Hammock test fitted

JUqYW.jpg

The keen eyed among you will notice the Liber-t auto toll firkin for the French Toll roads - will enable us to roll through the toll stations at 30mph!

QzoIc.jpg

Fl6kD.jpg

Mozzie mesh for the possible hot french campsites!!

7vtmK.jpg

Installing the poppers was simples

hmU62.jpg

Nearly there

4B0T9.jpg

IlwSJ.jpg

Finished

vZeUE.jpg

Fingers crossed for some decent weather - oh and does anyone know where to get the mozzie screens for the two westie windows??

Cheers ;)

Latest posts