Stu & Clare Present Murphy - Aircooled Campout 2020 Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Baz,

Wasnt too bad to fit mate - most of the holes were already drilled so may have had one fitted some point in the past.
Looking forward to the trip - want to get going now but have 4 days in work to endure first!

Should have a parcel turning up from Heritage before the end of the week with a couple of goodies in so there might be another update before we finally leave.

dasteel said:
You look well prepared mate. Where do the toll things come from? We are off to the south of France at the end of July so might need one :D

Cheers mate,

Got the auto toll firkin from here

https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will be able to travel all the toll roads and not get the bill till the next month! More money for wine and cheeze :lol:

Have a safe journey both. Look forward to the journey updates.

P.s my bus all repaired now front end...cant tell it ever happened! ;-)

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

StuF said:
dasteel said:
You look well prepared mate. Where do the toll things come from? We are off to the south of France at the end of July so might need one :D

Cheers mate,

Got the auto toll firkin from here

https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will be able to travel all the toll roads and not get the bill till the next month! More money for wine and cheeze :lol:

Thanks I will have a look. Have a safe journey :)

Foz said:
Have a safe journey both. Look forward to the journey updates.

P.s my bus all repaired now front end...cant tell it ever happened! ;-)

Cheers Foz - great news on the repair, you NEED to post some before and after shots!

Will keep everyone appraised of our progress :D

Got a box of bits today from VW Heritage

Spanking new bamboo parcel shelf - for added storage (just have no idea how to install it :oops: no instructions!)

And some boring spares - spark plugs, rotor arm, dizzy cap and another fan belt!

HjdJA.jpg

nqCgj.jpg

8AHjo.jpg

Great service from Heritage - next day delivery for the win!

Will take more pics when I figure out the bamboo shelf and get it fitted 8)

Have a great trip stu look forward to picture overdose when you get back

See you at datc

Mark

Cheers Mark - you know there will be a "couple" of pics!!

Managed to get my under dash shelves fitted today - wasnt the nicest of jobs but got it done and I think it looks rather good :D

Some photos of the fitting - all 6ft4 and 16 stone of me doesnt squeeze between the seats and the dash very well :lol:

It begins

C84f1.jpg

Shelf-less :(

9ixTl.jpg

Robust brackets :lol:

L0p9V.jpg

ji3mx.jpg

Passenger side - for the wifelets maps and stuff

M4NYu.jpg

xlD53.jpg

Funny bracket thingy :msn4:

dMv83.jpg

My side

xUsJB.jpg

QNqJo.jpg

All finished

6nlMi.jpg

pXmJd.jpg

vJfKB.jpg

Leave Sunday morning for West Sussex, then Monday 0700 onto the Eurostar and into Calais! Several hundred miles of French toll roads till our frst campsite on Monday eve.

Au revoir - at least for now! ;)

Looking good big fella. Watch yourself on those foreign roads...and of course don't forget to take lots of pictures of the trip :D Parcel shelf looks neet.
8)
LV

Well we made it :D

2 days and over 1100 miles!!

Now sat at a campsite in Northern Spain L'Esacla with a red wine ;)

Pics to follow soon 8)

Been awesome buddy

Averaging around 60mph, no issues to speak of just need some shares in Esso or Shell!

Was running a little warm coming into Northern Spain although ambient temp was mid high 20's and bus was hitting 106 deg c - slowed down to 50-55 and it returned to 100!

Fuel spend so far €230 and have another 2500 miles to go or so :msn4:

Latest posts