stupid things non vw fans have said to you

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was chatting to a neighbour this morning, explaining i was selling the 2 buses i have, he first asked if i was upgrading to one with a split front window :lol: , and then asked if the westy had a porsche engine :lol: cue the , its a really easy job, my mate used to have.......................

hailfrank said:
at a car show a student type walked past and commented why hippies drove nazi vehicles!

tosser

He does sound like a twat.

Not sure about your banner though dude, pretty brave of you on here. Funny though, but YOU ARE WRONG :lol: :mrgreen: EARLY's rule :D

some blokey looked in the engine bay and smirked! Does that have one or two hamsters running round in the big wheel at the back? :roll: :lol:

'I saw a van like yours the other day, its was white, do you know the owner?'

YES i know everyone that drives a camper, tosser :evil:

ground hugger said:
"Are you going to lacquer it,when its finished" :roll:
And one of the neighbours said "I've come to the conclusion,by the time you've finished it petrol will have dryed up" :lol:

Lovin' this thread and I've been told a lot of these remarks, the one I hated the most was this tosser who came up to me and said: "You're not gonna be able to drive it cause all the filler on it makes too heavy"
Thought I was gonna kill him right there, I just put spraying filler on and was sanding it down....

Honestly, if you dunno what you're talking about shut the hell up :sick0019:

Knock at the door {at least 5 times now } "How much do you want for that old van?" :shock:
Or.
I can haul that off for you , if you want :evil:

Thinking of putting a "NOT FOR SALE" sign on it :lol:

he's a few from my mate, who owns a l200 warrier and a zxr636rr

this is when i first brought a beetle he said "i hope its fast because it looks shit" i then showed him the engine "f$%king hell ! is that it ?"

i was driving down my street and a young lad pointed and said "what is that" his mate said "hippy van" :lol:

the most annoying one ever was when i broke down on a very busy round about, i pushed it to the middle over 2 lanes, while my wife and 3 kids stood on the island, cars and lorry's flying past, then a mk5 golf did the finger/thumb aircooled sign as he flew past :x

the bloke across the road asked my when i was scrapping it, but i think he was joking

then 100.000 comments about it looking to low / broke etc 8)

Where's the surfboards a common one :roll: and I did have a well meaning neighbour remind me to put plenty of anti freeze in the other day.

My favourite though is the envious type who always comes out with " i'll give you £500 quid for it now" to which I always put my hand out and say give us it then. When they turn away with that uncomfortable smirk I just tell them not to make offers they cant back up. Pisses them right off.

Just hope I dont find some one with a pocket full of cash one day :oops:

My mates all say to me , Why ???

I say why the F**K not DICKHEAD :fyou:

dubscum said:
the man turned to me and said oh right one with a split in the windscreen ? i said no an early bay, he said not a real one then, then turned to his mrs to explain how mine wasn't a proper one :?

obviously been watching too much jamie oliver......tw@t!!!!

not had any comments as such..... but my ex's new fella....aint very keen on me....even though he doesnt know me....
anyway they cruise round in a T4 (hers)....and apparently he flicks the finger and gives the 5 hand shandy wave out the window at any aircooled bus they pass... just cos i own one..... complete tw@t!!!!

USA Santa said:
Knock at the door {at least 5 times now } "How much do you want for that old van?" :shock:
Or.
I can haul that off for you , if you want :evil:

Thinking of putting a "NOT FOR SALE" sign on it :lol:

A surfer who lives right at the beach here in town put up a sign saying " NO!!! is not for sale , don't even ask" :lol:

i kept getting the usual "its a rust bucket, why would you want it" (altho i do have bucket full of rust from it now belly pans an chassis are nearly done :mrgreen: )

but they always get out weighed by more people saying "i'd love one of them." :D

An old bloke asked me "Why have you done all that to it? You have destroyed it."
I was pretty much under whelmed but kept my (air) cool and replied
"Well at least it's not rusting away in a paddock now."
And as for "How do you manage speed humps?" I have run out of smart arsed replies and now just shrug my shoulders!

Also I get a lot of "You drove (insert anywhere you can think of) IN THAT????

My standard reply to that now is a deadpan "Yeah, and home again"

In Australia there is a lot of retired folk driving around the country and they call themselves "Grey Nomads". Whenever I have the bad luck get pinned in a corner and have to talk to one or more of them they cannot come to terms with how basic and rudimentary a VW van can be. How can I manage without inverters, flat screen, toilet, shower, microwave, and all the other crap I left behind at home?

I'll stick with my system thanks very much. Hahaha.

I've also had the Porsche engine fits straight in line more times than I care to remember.

I've also had 'a Porsche engine will drop straight in' which is funny :mrgreen:

The even funny thing is it did :shock: ......see my gallery photos