Summer camping booked South of france.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 months not working still cannot be bad :) Do it while you can!

Theres been a couple of threads on what spares you should carry

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45162&hilit=What+spares+do+you+carry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46514&hilit=spares" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tjdixon said:
Marriedblonde said:
Tjdixon said:
Good luck with this.

Me and the Mrs are planning our first trip abroad in our van this year, we are heading off in April, across to Holland then Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Maybe Hungry, Maybe Croatia, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium and back to the UK either via Holland or France... We have 5 months to do it in so hopefully wont be putting in any 300mile stints but I would say 300 miles is doable in a day....

Have you got some spares to take, just in case? I'm trying to get a list together for our trip but I'm told all the spares we need (most common problems) should fit in a shoe box...

5 month holiday? Nice!

As for spares not thought about it yet, my vans in a million pieces so I'll see what bits I have left over from stripping it and stick them in a box :)

Yeah, I'm hoping it will be amazing and the van behaves itself.... Its not a Holiday as I'm not being paid but my company have / will be keeping my job open 8) which is good...

So far my list of spares include;

Bulbs / Fuses etc
Clutch / Accelerator Cables plus a few associated items
Fuel Filter
Fuel Hose
Points / Spark Plugs / Distributor (I have an electronic ignition so may buy a complete spare? or can I buy the internals?)
Various Fixings, clips, screws bolts, cloth tape, wire off cuts.

I'm sure I have more and need more, this is off the top of my head...

I'd buy a complete dizzy, easier to swap one at the side of the road than try and repair/fault check one,

If you've got room take a descent compact trolley jack with you

Wd40
Cable ties
Hi viz jacket
Fan belt

Also off the top of head :mrgreen:

Have fun :mrgreen:

Latest posts